Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Getting a new bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 05:38 PM
jubal117

Bikes: 2009 Raleigh Sojourn, 2009 Raleigh Mojave 8.0, 1989 Miyata 914, 1996 Trek Mountaintrak 820

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Getting a new bike

I am in the market again for a new bike. I just bought a Raleigh Mojave 8.0 in February and I am pretty happy with it, it's just I commute to work everyday and carry lots of groceries so I am looking for something made for that type of stuff more. I have a little over 2500 miles on it now and it is holding up pretty well considering I started riding it when I was 297 and now I am down to 250. The only problem I had with it was I kept popping spokes until I got a 36 spoke wheel 2000 miles ago.

I am thinking about getting a Raleigh Sojourn

https://www.raleighusa.com/bikes/road/sojourn/

The bike shop I frequent is going to let me have it for 750 and he has it on the floor for 1299. I was going to get a carbon road bike, but since this seems like a good deal and I carry a lot of weight around most days after work, I figured this one might be the right bike for my needs.

I was also looking at some other brands, like Trek, Jamis, Surly and Fuji, but for the price I don't think I want to pass on the Sojourn.

So what do you guys think, good choice or not?