Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Guerciotti Mondrain w/Pantographed Campy parts...

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Guerciotti Mondrain w/Pantographed Campy parts...

Old 04-01-20, 06:13 PM
  #1  
jmlandry77
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NW Suburbs of Minneapolis
Posts: 83

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Crave, 2018 Fuji Tahoe, 1989? Nishiki International, SOLD Miyata 712, SOLD Stumpjumpers- several, SOLD Specialized Sirrus, SOLD Raleigh Technium, SOLD Lemond Zurich...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Guerciotti Mondrain w/Pantographed Campy parts...

I have been watching the classic and vintage market TANK (along w/ my stocks)

This seems like a good buy on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guerciotti-...8AAOSwr-xeU26w
It has the coveted Columbus sticker and Campy components. Chrome lugs.

This looks to be a nice deal. Does anyone know anything about the Mondrain model? Does this appear to be refinished- repainted? Can't tell- maybe jap (105, 600) hubs?

Seller is accepting offers. Hmmmm...
jmlandry77 is offline  
Old 04-01-20, 06:20 PM
  #2  
obrentharris 
Senior Member
 
obrentharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 2,860

Bikes: fewer (n-1)

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 394 Times in 190 Posts
Hubs appear to be Campy Tipo low flange.
Brent
obrentharris is offline  
Old 04-01-20, 06:48 PM
  #3  
Mad Honk 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 872

Bikes: Trek 770, Trek 760, Schwinn Peloton, Patelli Professional, Othon Ochsner

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 187 Posts
As for the $1200 for the complete bike it becomes a bit of a toss up. The group has value, and maybe more than the frame, but together they are close to current values of them combined. It is likely that this about the value this one would have as a complete bike, but if it doesn't fit you it is then only wall art. HTH, MH
Mad Honk is offline  
Old 04-01-20, 07:06 PM
  #4  
jmlandry77
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NW Suburbs of Minneapolis
Posts: 83

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Crave, 2018 Fuji Tahoe, 1989? Nishiki International, SOLD Miyata 712, SOLD Stumpjumpers- several, SOLD Specialized Sirrus, SOLD Raleigh Technium, SOLD Lemond Zurich...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk View Post
As for the $1200 for the complete bike it becomes a bit of a toss up. The group has value, and maybe more than the frame, but together they are close to current values of them combined. It is likely that this about the value this one would have as a complete bike, but if it doesn't fit you it is then only wall art. HTH, MH
It's $750 plus shipping.
I'd offer $600, have the seller pay shipping!
jmlandry77 is offline  
Old 04-01-20, 08:26 PM
  #5  
Mackers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Maybe first establish exactly what's included in the auction?

The way I read it the BIN does not include wheels, brake calipers, derailleurs and crank set.
(and probably some other bits and bobs)
Mackers is offline  
Old 04-01-20, 08:46 PM
  #6  
jmlandry77
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NW Suburbs of Minneapolis
Posts: 83

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Crave, 2018 Fuji Tahoe, 1989? Nishiki International, SOLD Miyata 712, SOLD Stumpjumpers- several, SOLD Specialized Sirrus, SOLD Raleigh Technium, SOLD Lemond Zurich...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mackers View Post
Maybe first establish exactly what's included in the auction?

The way I read it the BIN does not include wheels, brake calipers, derailleurs and crank set.
(and probably some other bits and bobs)
My bad. Deceptive listing at the least. Yes, I would probably have noticed the "terms" if I were to bid. In real estate if it's attached, it's included.
jmlandry77 is offline  
Old 04-02-20, 03:19 AM
  #7  
nomadmax 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,381
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked 581 Times in 309 Posts
Originally Posted by jmlandry77 View Post
I have been watching the classic and vintage market TANK (along w/ my stocks)

This seems like a good buy on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guerciotti-Mondrian-frame-fork-Guerciotti-panto-components-and-other-comp/174210554890?hash=item288fc21c0a:gH8AAOSwr-xeU26w
It has the coveted Columbus sticker and Campy components. Chrome lugs.

This looks to be a nice deal. Does anyone know anything about the Mondrain model? Does this appear to be refinished- repainted? Can't tell- maybe jap (105, 600) hubs?

Seller is accepting offers. Hmmmm...
It's a repainted Columbus SL frame. It has older spooned/printed seat stays and it looks like only one bottle cage. Those things would put it at 1983-84.
nomadmax is offline  
Old 04-02-20, 09:05 AM
  #8  
Steelman54 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 134

Bikes: Allegro Model 77, Gitane Pro SLX, Waterford R2200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
to me the market for steel frramesets has collapsed (and, yes, posting is a bit deceptive, though could be english is 2nd language issue) and 750 or even 600 seems high to me unless its really special. Just my couple of cents worth of opinion.
Steelman54 is offline  
Old 04-02-20, 03:34 PM
  #9  
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess
 
Bianchigirll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Shady Pines Retirement Fort Wayne, In
Posts: 26,755

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1699 Post(s)
Liked 489 Times in 292 Posts
It is nice looking.



This is the real coveted Columbus sticker

__________________
Bianchis '90 Proto, '90 Campione del Fausto Giamondi Specialisma Italiano Mundo, '91 Boarala 'cross, '93 Project 3, '86 Volpe, '97 Ti Megatube, '93 Reparto Corse SBX

Others but still loved; '80 Batavus Professional, '87 Cornelo, '?? Jane Doe (still on the drawing board), '90ish Haro Escape SLX Bertoni "Speckled Trout"
Bianchigirll is offline  
Old 04-02-20, 05:06 PM
  #10  
jmlandry77
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NW Suburbs of Minneapolis
Posts: 83

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Crave, 2018 Fuji Tahoe, 1989? Nishiki International, SOLD Miyata 712, SOLD Stumpjumpers- several, SOLD Specialized Sirrus, SOLD Raleigh Technium, SOLD Lemond Zurich...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
It is nice looking.



This is the real coveted Columbus sticker

I don't know what era that SR crankset and RD are, but that is the look that I like. Classic Campy.
jmlandry77 is offline  
Old 04-03-20, 07:42 AM
  #11  
T-Mar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,451
Mentioned: 507 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3122 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 548 Times in 444 Posts
Mondrian is a reference to the paint scheme, inspired by abstract artist Piet Mondrian. Mondrian influenced paint schemes became popular starting in 1984 when the newly established La Vie Claire team of Bernard Hinault adopted a Mondrian style jersey design. In the mid-to late 1980s there were a number of bicycles with Mondrian liveries including but limited to models from Hinault, Look, Rossin, Tommasini and even Nishiki.

I'm not sure if this is a repaint or not. While I haven't seen this particular livery on has to consider that the seller is from Italy and that the European models could be different. Ten Speed Drive, the USA importer and distributor took over painting and decal application on imported Guerrciotti frame starting in late 1985 and even earlier were calling the shots on imported frames for thing like paint schemes and features. I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility that this is a European model with factory paint.

Having said that, it does appear to be a mid-1980s model with Columbus SL.
T-Mar is offline  
Old 04-03-20, 01:23 PM
  #12  
Mackers
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mondriaan......
Mackers is offline  
Old 04-03-20, 04:41 PM
  #13  
Chombi1 
Senior Member
 
Chombi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,130
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 111 Times in 90 Posts
I've been looking for one of those Euro bike stands for years now. Cannot find one......can't even find out who made them....
__________________
72 Line Seeker
83 Davidson Signature
84 Peugeot PSV
84 Peugeot PY10FC
84 Gitane Tour de France.
85 Vitus Plus Carbone 7
86 ALAN Record Carbonio
86 Medici Aerodynamic (Project)
88 Pinarello Montello
89 Bottecchia Professional Chorus SL
95 Trek 5500 OCLV (Project)
Chombi1 is offline  
Old 04-04-20, 06:54 AM
  #14  
T-Mar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,451
Mentioned: 507 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3122 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 548 Times in 444 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
....This is the real coveted Columbus sticker

Given the current C&V trend towards more cushioning, I would think that this would be the least coveted of Columbus tubesets among members.
T-Mar is offline  
Old 04-04-20, 07:00 AM
  #15  
nomadmax 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,381
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked 581 Times in 309 Posts
Here's the Columbus sticker you want


Last edited by nomadmax; 04-07-20 at 03:13 AM.
nomadmax is offline  
Old 04-06-20, 09:32 PM
  #16  
jmlandry77
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NW Suburbs of Minneapolis
Posts: 83

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Crave, 2018 Fuji Tahoe, 1989? Nishiki International, SOLD Miyata 712, SOLD Stumpjumpers- several, SOLD Specialized Sirrus, SOLD Raleigh Technium, SOLD Lemond Zurich...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar View Post
Mondrian is a reference to the paint scheme, inspired by abstract artist Piet Mondrian. Mondrian influenced paint schemes became popular starting in 1984 when the newly established La Vie Claire team of Bernard Hinault adopted a Mondrian style jersey design. In the mid-to late 1980s there were a number of bicycles with Mondrian liveries including but limited to models from Hinault, Look, Rossin, Tommasini and even Nishiki.

I'm not sure if this is a repaint or not. While I haven't seen this particular livery on has to consider that the seller is from Italy and that the European models could be different. Ten Speed Drive, the USA importer and distributor took over painting and decal application on imported Guerrciotti frame starting in late 1985 and even earlier were calling the shots on imported frames for thing like paint schemes and features. I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility that this is a European model with factory paint.

Having said that, it does appear to be a mid-1980s model with Columbus SL.
Thank you for that detailed response. I envy you deep rooted knowledge.

jmlandry77 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.