Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Lynskey Delivery Times?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Lynskey Delivery Times?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-18, 10:20 PM
matt92037

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Very nice!

Originally Posted by ov_dragonman
Don't remember if I posted a photo of the bike here or not.
Old 02-12-18, 02:13 AM
ElCid

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Final update:

After all is said and done, Lynskey seems to be a terrific company that makes great bikes. I believe they had a brief hiccup on customer service/sales likely with an individual who wasn’t up to snuff. I do recommend a complete bike buy or at least more technical savvy than me. I love the bike and have had excellent follow up since receiving the bike. I did complete the double century and felt great afterward with the exception of some numbness purely related to my fit - easily fixed with a professional fit at my local shop. Smooth ride, clean look, lots of complements, happy Lynskey customer! Just give yourself a little buffer time if you modify your order. Chase the order with a phone call and you should find a caring employee on the other end. Cheers!

Last edited by ElCid; 02-12-18 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Left out comment
Old 07-15-18, 12:44 AM
IRideWhenICan

Bikes: Bianchi Eros

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello,

For reference, I ordered a Lynskey on May 2018 and it took 5 weeks for me to receive the bike.
The wheelset specified was on backorder and that was part of the delay...

I am happy now that I received and have used the bike
Old 07-15-18, 07:35 PM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 10167 Post(s)
Liked 5,860 Times in 3,154 Posts
Ordered a built bike at the end of June and changed the order shortly afterward. I now have a 24 July ship date. The sales rep has been generally responsive, but I did have to ask about four times to get an email recording the change order and the new price. I am also pretty unhappy that they won’t refund the 700 dollar difference to my credit card until they ship as a matter of policy. The web site is has contradictory specs on the same frames from page to page, which makes shopping difficult and the sales guys just aren’t up enough on the minutiae to clarify.

That said, the bikes are beautiful, the price is right and I’m looking forward to my new ride.
Old 07-17-18, 04:16 PM
jwynn9154

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Patience will pay off. I'm very happy w/ my GR260 - but it took right at 6 weeks for delivery.
Old 07-17-18, 04:20 PM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by ElCid
After all is said and done, Lynskey seems to be a terrific company that makes great bikes. I believe they had a brief hiccup on customer service/sales likely with an individual who wasn’t up to snuff. I do recommend a complete bike buy or at least more technical savvy than me. I love the bike and have had excellent follow up since receiving the bike. I did complete the double century and felt great afterward with the exception of some numbness purely related to my fit - easily fixed with a professional fit at my local shop. Smooth ride, clean look, lots of complements, happy Lynskey customer! Just give yourself a little buffer time if you modify your order. Chase the order with a phone call and you should find a caring employee on the other end. Cheers!
Is building up a Lynskey any worse than any other bike?
Old 07-18-18, 09:10 AM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 10167 Post(s)
Liked 5,860 Times in 3,154 Posts
Mine just got put off another 10 days because of a fork delivery issue. Not really a problem; anticipation is a pleasure it has taken me almost a lifetime to learn to savor.