Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Wilier Cento 1 Air DI2 battery?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-18, 02:39 AM
martonyx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm looking to buy used Wilier Cento 1 Air (2014) bike with Ultegra DI2 equipment.
As I can see on picture below, the battery is placed at the end of down tube.
This battery placing at the end of down tube seems bad positioned for my taste.
Does anyone knows, can the battery be placed into seatpost or in any other place?

Picture: imgur.com/LkGNUgC

Thanks!
Old 07-04-18, 05:02 AM
itchyjoe

Bikes: S Works Aethos/Spec Roubaix/S Works Tarmac

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes--you'll need to buy an internal battery (BT-DN110) and a longer wire to reach the junction box; I did this on a Roubaix several years ago. My procedure was to first disconnect wires (use the special tool) from the FD, RD and front JB and tie fishing line to those free ends. Then using a coat hanger fish the internal JB up thru the seatpost and connect the new battery wire. Then "reseat" the IJB by feathering the other 3 wires back thru their respective holes. I wrapped the IJB in a little bubble wrap first to make sure it never rattles around. Then I used bubble wrap and string ties to wrap & stuff the battery into my seatpost--there are Youtube videos on this and lots of other ways to do it. You'll charge the battery through a port on the side of the front JB and need to buy a new charger. There's an older model battery (BTR-2) your Di2 may require so check before you buy; same size and charger however. Then sell your old battery, charger and wire on Ebay for a rebate!

Last edited by itchyjoe; 07-04-18 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-04-18, 05:44 AM
motosonic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by itchyjoe
Yes--you'll need to buy an internal battery (BT-DN110) and a longer wire to reach the junction box; I did this on a Roubaix several years ago. My procedure was to first disconnect wires (use the special tool) from the FD, RD and front JB and tie fishing line to those free ends. Then using a coat hanger fish the internal JB up thru the seatpost and connect the new battery wire. Then "reseat" the IJB by feathering the other 3 wires back thru their respective holes. I wrapped the IJB in a little bubble wrap first to make sure it never rattles around. Then I used bubble wrap and string ties to wrap & stuff the battery into my seatpost--there are Youtube videos on this and lots of other ways to do it. You'll charge the battery through a port on the side of the front JB and need to buy a new charger. There's an older model battery (BTR-2) your Di2 may require so check before you buy; same size and charger however. Then sell your old battery, charger and wire on Ebay for a rebate!
This is correct.
I ride a Cento1 SR and it's an awesome bike. But sadly I recently had a bad crash on it. You'll love it though. Wilier makes amazing bikes.
Old 07-04-18, 09:05 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by itchyjoe
New battery...also probably new Junction A box, also new front Di2 cables for said junction box. Also new charger/interface. I'll go out on a limb and wager the OP has the old SW-67 junction up front.

$300 worth of kit easy....all just to move the battery.
Old 07-05-18, 01:55 AM
martonyx

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you all on your advices!
Then spending that money to replace battery is not worth, I think I will buy that bike and leave battery on its original position.
Old 07-05-18, 07:18 AM
Dopefish905

Bikes: Cervelo S3

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I was gonna move my battery like you, it’s a cervelo s3, bottom of the down tube. Woulda cost 300 all in..thinking about it...then learned also the seat battery needs to be charged more often cause it’s smaller. So I didn’t, I don’t see the thing while riding anyway only when looking at the bike while I’m off it..so what’s the point.