Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Need New Shorts Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-10, 08:15 PM
KiaTia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need New Shorts Help

Ok guys I am looking for some new baggy mountain bike shorts. If you are reading this board you know how hard larger sizes are to find. I would like some with chamois. I have a great pair of fox but I can't even find those any more.

Thanks
Old 08-08-10, 01:01 AM
sstorkel

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Schwinn Typhoon, Nashbar touring, custom steel MTB

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I just wear a pair of regular shorts over my lycra shorts or bibs. Don't really see the point of paying a lot of money for purpose-built baggy shorts. They always seem to have a lousy chamois and no real benefit over regular shorts.
Old 08-08-10, 04:37 AM
pinsonp2 

Bikes: 2008 Trek 2.1 WSD, 2010 Specialized Amira Elite, 2011 Trek Madone 5.2 WSD

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Try aerotechdesigns.com. They also sell on Ebay. Good quality, resaonable prices and large sizes.
Old 08-08-10, 09:10 AM
dlester

Bikes: Trek Portland/Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo/LeMond Versailles

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have used both kinds from www.love2pedal.com. As odd as it will sound, I liked the cheaper kind better, though your mileage may vary. I found the Falconi brand to be much more comfortable, and the big label they come with is just stitched on so it is easily removed.

But, if you have regular lycra shorts you like, don't dismiss sstorkel's advice.
Old 08-08-10, 12:35 PM
jboyd

Bikes: Giant "Rainier"

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is my baggy of choice. I own three pair of the Ponderosa. The oldest is now 4 years old and I still wear them more that the other two and LOVE them. I wear them everywhere and actually prefer them to street shorts.

https://www.hossmtb.com/index.php

Good Luck