Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

AMP Human PR Cream

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

AMP Human PR Cream

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-19, 01:47 PM
HarborBandS
HarborBandS

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
what results?
lol!
Old 07-30-19, 08:52 PM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelJH
Thanks for the input …. I think I am going to save my $$$ on this one. I had seen it being promoted on "The Move" by Lance and his crew and then the AmpHuman Ad looked enticing but its not like I even do intense workouts anymore. I am looking for things that might benefit me as I have been prepping for a century and will be riding that in 3 weeks.
Eat something once an hour while you're out there, and keep hydrated.
Old 07-31-19, 02:21 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Eat something once an hour while you're out there, and keep hydrated.
About a month ago things got so bad around here that I was wondering if I was getting an energy boost from all the gnats I was swallowing. Bleccccch!
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 08-01-19, 07:37 PM
Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
What results?

Umm, I think he meant "PED, Blood Doping enhanced results". He didn't just cheat. That was bad enough.

Using his global fame, and financial clout, he actively tried to destroy everyone who questioned his achievements. He succeeded in severely damaging the reputations and lives of many of the people who stood up to him.

And now hes's back? Funny, that lots of people criticize athletes for using their fame when they espouse their personal political views, but so many are willing to give a moral train wreck like the rider from Plano, a wide open hearing. F$=*% him.
Likes For Last ride 76:
Old 08-01-19, 09:54 PM
Sapperc

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix SL4 Comp, Trek 930, Nishiki International

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Odd. 29 posts obviously from no one who has actually tried AMP Human PR Cream.

To the OP: I do in fact use this product. When used as recommended, it does indeed afford relief as described. It’s not a cure all, but it does assist performance and recovery during and after very intense endurance workouts. It’s expensive, it’s certainly not necessary, so it’s not going to be for everyone. You can question the bio-chemistry and delivery system till you’re blue in the face. If you haven’t tried it you simply don’t have an informed opinion. Will it work well for you? Since this is the internet and I have no control over your use and your workouts, I don’t know and would never pretend to know. I use and recommend it. Give it a try. You may be as pleasantly surprised as I was. Yes, I had my doubts at first, too. It was initially given to me as a Christmas present from my wife. The worst that can happen is you don’t like it. Or just maybe, like me, you will experience reduced recovery times and less pain during intense training cycles.

So try it or don’t. No worries. Good luck with your training!
Old 08-01-19, 10:02 PM
Sapperc

I'm going to disagree with this a very little bit--the key is to do things you know work for you on shorter distances and not to try to change too much. Many of us do not find stretching useful, and I actually don't do it at all. I rode a double century last weekend, I believe I've done about a dozen this year. So basically, if you are stretching because you like doing it, keep doing it. It is not mandatory, and the claim that it's beneficial for all things is completely unsupported by any science, and there's some evidence that stretching before a workout may actually make you more prone to injury.

As to food, stick to things you know haven't bothered you before on longer rides. I'm lucky in that I can eat almost anything and keep going, but I don't think most people are like that. People vary wildly in what foods they can tolerate during exertion. I do solo centuries, so I can do things like stop for two hours and have lunch with my sons before finishing the ride, but I've also done 100 miles stopping only once for coffee and a urinal--eat when you're hungry drink when you're thirsty has always worked pretty well for me. Definitely, though, have a plan that you think will work for you. Improvising in the middle of nowhere is no fun at all.
+1! Right on target! Wholeheartedly agree about stretching (or not stretching) and nutrition and hydration experience and advice.
Old 08-02-19, 05:44 AM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 10175 Post(s)
Liked 5,871 Times in 3,160 Posts
Originally Posted by Sapperc
If you haven’t tried it you simply don’t have an informed opinion.
And yet, someone sees fit to pay me a lot of money to have informed opinions on all sorts of things I haven't tried. What a racket!
Likes For MoAlpha:
Old 08-02-19, 06:41 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Originally Posted by Last ride 76
Umm, I think he meant "PED, Blood Doping enhanced results". He didn't just cheat. That was bad enough.

Using his global fame, and financial clout, he actively tried to destroy everyone who questioned his achievements. He succeeded in severely damaging the reputations and lives of many of the people who stood up to him.

And now hes's back? Funny, that lots of people criticize athletes for using their fame when they espouse their personal political views, but so many are willing to give a moral train wreck like the rider from Plano, a wide open hearing. F$=*% him.
Guess I have to explain the joke--officially, his "results" don't exist. All his wins were stripped.
Old 08-02-19, 07:35 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

To the OP: I do in fact use this product. When used as recommended, it does indeed afford relief as described. It’s not a cure all, but it does assist performance and recovery during and after very intense endurance workouts. It’s expensive, it’s certainly not necessary, so it’s not going to be for everyone. You can question the bio-chemistry and delivery system till you’re blue in the face. If you haven’t tried it you simply don’t have an informed opinion. Will it work well for you? Since this is the internet and I have no control over your use and your workouts, I don’t know and would never pretend to know. I use and recommend it. Give it a try. You may be as pleasantly surprised as I was. Yes, I had my doubts at first, too. It was initially given to me as a Christmas present from my wife. The worst that can happen is you don’t like it. Or just maybe, like me, you will experience reduced recovery times and less pain during intense training cycles.

Are you familiar with the placebo effect? You're putting very expensive mentholated cream on your muscles. I don't need to try that to know it might make me feel a little better, but the fact that the "science" posted by the manufacturer is clear BS is a lot more relevant than rando guy saying it helps him.
Old 08-02-19, 08:27 AM
Sapperc

Are you familiar with the placebo effect? You're putting very expensive mentholated cream on your muscles. I don't need to try that to know it might make me feel a little better, but the fact that the "science" posted by the manufacturer is clear BS is a lot more relevant than rando guy saying it helps him.
Message was for the OP. You also obviously haven’t tried it. Your attempt to invalidate my experience is sad and so typical of anonymous internet communication these days.

Maybe you can tell me exactly how aspirin works as well...Sorry, that was mean, kinda like your post. My point is that bio-chemistry remains as much a mystery as not even in the 21st century.

Do do what you want. So will I. I have no argument with your observations about inconclusive studies and the lack there of. I do find fault with your definitive conclusions based solely on the lack of a volume of testing with positive results.

Try it, don’t try it, I really don’t care. No, I am not a victim of yet another placebo gimmick. I know this stuff has merit. It’s fairly clear you will never know because you are not going to give it your own personal test. That’s fine. Just let it go. Let’s agree to disagree.

happy cycling!
Old 08-02-19, 11:02 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

You can question the bio-chemistry and delivery system till you’re blue in the face. If you haven’t tried it you simply don’t have an informed opinion.!
Message was for the OP. You also obviously haven’t tried it. Your attempt to invalidate my experience is sad and so typical of anonymous internet communication these days.

Maybe you can tell me exactly how aspirin works as well...Sorry, that was mean, kinda like your post. My point is that bio-chemistry remains as much a mystery as not even in the 21st century.

Do do what you want. So will I. I have no argument with your observations about inconclusive studies and the lack there of. I do find fault with your definitive conclusions based solely on the lack of a volume of testing with positive results.

Try it, don’t try it, I really don’t care. No, I am not a victim of yet another placebo gimmick. I know this stuff has merit. It’s fairly clear you will never know because you are not going to give it your own personal test. That’s fine. Just let it go. Let’s agree to disagree.

happy cycling!
Wow, I really shouldn't have to point out you started it, fellow anonymous interneteer.
I have a background in reading and interpreting studies, and when I see someone making absurd claims about the "scientific" proof behind their product, I think I'm qualified to say that that indicates the product is indeed BS.
Your attempt to invalidate my knowledge with your experience (i.e., anecdote) is typical of the post-knowledge state of discourse in this era.

If you accuse people of having an uninformed opinion, you are not playing nice. Feel free to overpay for menthol and baking soda, but don't expect to be treated more respectfully than you treat other people.
Old 08-02-19, 11:07 AM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 10175 Post(s)
Liked 5,871 Times in 3,160 Posts
I hope no one is trying to invalidate anyone's experience. What lacks validity is equating that experience to some—for the purposes of this argument—un-knowable attribute of the product, viz, that it actually works in the way it is represented as working.
Old 08-02-19, 01:05 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by MoAlpha
I hope no one is trying to invalidate anyone's experience. What lacks validity is equating that experience to some—for the purposes of this argument—un-knowable attribute of the product, viz, that it actually works in the way it is represented as working.
BTW, looks like they posted another study on their site, this one by some private company of coaches. It's adorable that the site lies about it being "peer reviewed".

Again, one oddly specific significant finding (number of HIIT performed until exhaustion) without laying out all the variables tested. This smacks of p-hacking yet again. Sample size 8.
Old 08-02-19, 02:19 PM
Last ride 76 

Now here is some real empirically based evidence...oh wait, I forgot about the possibility of a placebo effect... but let's just ignore the science, and enjoy the ride.

PS Implying that what you feel may be due to placebo effect in no way invalidates your experience. The placebo effect has been shown to be real and scientifically reproducible.
For you to essentially claim that you know what you know, because you have tried it, flies in the face of established science, and all reason.
I suggest that the most you can say, with any certainty, is "I believe it works for me, for whatever reason." - I won't quibble, if you prefer to remove "I believe", it's implied anyway.
Best regards, Eric

Last edited by Last ride 76; 08-02-19 at 03:09 PM. Reason: To clarify re "experience" and "placebo effect"
Old 08-02-19, 02:49 PM
Last ride 76 

Looking for a UCI legal edge?

New Blood Doping Technique... Currently Legal under UCI Rules and Totally Undetectable!!!

Reasonable cost, and can be administered in the privacy of your own home. 10 doses (avg 30 day supply) just $30!

Using our Jumbo Live European Live Leaches, ($60 for one pint) you can remove as much blood as you desire, and then can return it to your body, whenever you need, simply by frying the leaches in butter, (or if cholesterol is a concern, organic EVOO may be substituted), and consuming them. Optionally, for those on the go, they can be blended into your favorite protein shake.

LMK if you want some, I get can get us a bulk rate from the distributor.

Eric
Likes For Last ride 76:
Old 08-02-19, 05:57 PM
CycleryNorth81

Bikes: custom Cyclery North (Chicago), Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
New Blood Doping Technique... Currently Legal under UCI Rules and Totally Undetectable!!!

Reasonable cost, and can be administered in the privacy of your own home. 10 doses (avg 30 day supply) just $30!

Using our Jumbo Live European Live Leaches, ($60 for one pint) you can remove as much blood as you desire, and then can return it to your body, whenever you need, simply by frying the leaches in butter, (or if cholesterol is a concern, organic EVOO may be substituted), and consuming them. Optionally, for those on the go, they can be blended into your favorite protein shake.

Eric
LOL!!!
Old 08-02-19, 06:03 PM
CycleryNorth81

Bikes: custom Cyclery North (Chicago), Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
I tried @Machka choice of a baking soda toothpaste and I can tell you it works WAY BETTER than the human amp pr cream!
Old 08-02-19, 07:26 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Eric

You forgot that they also remove pernicious humours.