Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Specialized Epic FSR

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Specialized Epic FSR

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-15, 09:23 PM
Relaxin 

Bikes: 1987 Trek 1000, 2012 Specialized Allez Elite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Specialized Epic FSR

Hi, everyone. Got a quick question for you. I was cruising through CL and found a good deal on a Specialized Epic FSR size small frame bike. It's listed as a "women specific" frame. However I searched Bikepedia and found only one 2007 model with a different top tube which is curved downward. It's my understanding that if Specialized markets a mtb for women it gets a totally different name/series and is not usually lumped into the same model lineup as the men's bikes. Am I correct in assuming that this bike is in fact a men's frame and was just sold to the the female owner with a women's saddle? It's a really good deal that I don't want to pass up. The following pic is from the ad. Edit: Bikepedia pictures seem to suggest that this is an '03. Is this the same year?

Last edited by Relaxin; 03-25-15 at 09:56 PM. Reason: minor edits to posted question
Old 03-25-15, 10:41 PM
Relaxin 

Bikes: 1987 Trek 1000, 2012 Specialized Allez Elite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ugh, nevermind. After a couple of hours of searching i finally found my answers. However, has anyone adapted a women's bike for a male rider? I know women ride men's bikes all the time, hehe. I'm a short 5'4" and weigh 115, too.
Old 03-26-15, 05:30 AM
cobba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 53 Posts
Take it for a ride and see how it feels.
Old 03-26-15, 06:21 PM
Zephyr11
Pint-Sized Gnar Shredder

Bikes: '09 Jamis Komodo, '09 Mirraco Blend One, '08 Cervelo P2C, '08 Specialized Ruby Elite, '07 Yeti AS-R SL, '07 DMR Drone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All they change is the geometry so it fits someone with longer legs and a shorter torso. If it fits and feels right, it's not like you can only ride it if you have boobs. I'm a woman who rides a men's bike, no harm no foul. Women's Specialized bikes tend not to fit me because of my body structure. Not every man and woman is built the same, and it may fit you just fine. One of my buddies had an Epic, and it's a super solid bike for XC riding. If it rides well and the price is right, you won't go wrong.