Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

11-speed Campagnolo shifters Shimano MTB RD compatibility

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-24, 11:04 PM
amazinmets73

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts

I have some 11-speed Campagnolo shifters and am planning to use them on a build. I want to run them with an MTB rear derailleur and am seeking advice on which will be compatible. I'm open to all brands, not solely Shimano.

The Shifters are 11-speed record and Chorus.
Old 04-27-24, 11:48 PM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 4528 Post(s)
Liked 1,671 Times in 1,095 Posts
Nope. Not compatible. Get a Campy derailleur. There are two generations of Campy 11 speed shifters, so you need to match that up with the right gen derailleur.
Old 04-27-24, 11:57 PM
amazinmets73

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
Nope. Not compatible. Get a Campy derailleur. There are two generations of Campy 11 speed shifters, so you need to match that up with the right gen derailleur.
I've done it before. I had 11-speed Chorus shifters with a 9-speed Shimano MTB RD.
Old 04-28-24, 12:07 AM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 4528 Post(s)
Liked 1,671 Times in 1,095 Posts
Originally Posted by amazinmets73
I've done it before. I had 11-speed Chorus shifters with a 9-speed Shimano MTB RD.
I didn't realize you wanted to reduce to 9 speed. The pre-2015 Campy will do this with 9 speed or earlier Shimano and nothing else except the Microshifts that are also 9 speed Shimano compatible. Later 11 won't work right.
Old 04-28-24, 07:07 AM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 1,087 Times in 757 Posts
"Shiftmate" claims their #7 adapter will work with the 11sp Campy. shifters and 10sp Shimano Shadow derailleurs and 11sp Shimano/SRAM cassettes. Shiftmate Compatibility Charts and Choices - Jtek Engineering Scroll down the page and under #7 there is a second box below that lists this. Never had any experience with this myself but I recommend contacting Shiftmate to make sure your model Shifters will work.