Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Hot deals - post 'em if you got 'em.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Hot deals - post 'em if you got 'em.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-14, 08:44 AM
401flava

Bikes: 20xx Fuji Palisade (don't mock me) / '92? RacingBik (lka Aegis) CF/ '99 Specialized FSR Sport SOLD / 93 Robinson Pro (my teen years BMX,still have her!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClarkinHawaii
I think it's really unusual/strange/suspicious that you have to give them personal information before you can even browse the site to see what they have. What reason do they give for this?
lmao... Unusual strange? PERSONAL info? Dude,it's your email. What reason? They want to SEND YOU EMAIL. It's a conspiracy ill grant you that,you innocently share deeply personal info like a free anonymous email address and next thing you know...(insert music from Psycho or Jaws here)..."You've got mail". NOOOOOO DON'T DO IT!! Seriously though, I hate places that give only credit,that's illegal in my state and against my principles besides. Anyone who traps you into spending with them is off my list. Thanks for posting that,it's one of things you don't notice till its too late and then you're really mad. Hopefully a quick UNSUBSCRIBE is enough to throw these suspicious characters off the scent so they don't do strange and unusual things to me.

Last edited by 401flava; 06-15-14 at 08:45 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 06-15-14, 12:40 PM
401flava

Bikes: 20xx Fuji Palisade (don't mock me) / '92? RacingBik (lka Aegis) CF/ '99 Specialized FSR Sport SOLD / 93 Robinson Pro (my teen years BMX,still have her!)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's that deal from the aforementioned Merlin Cycle, again I have no experience with them so I would advise caution until hearing some good first hand recommendation..Anyone dealt with this site? Anyways, this is a super deal assuming you can get them shipped free, which according to their policy you should. It may take an email or phone call, as I "added to cart" and it showed shipping @ $25 or so.
If you need the whole shebang, there's a package deal in the lower right corner for these wheels W/ Vittoria slicks and tubes/valves, AND a 10sp. 105 cassette for $169...that's pretty good, esp. as just the wheelset costs more at many retailers.

Shimano R501 $98 A SET
Shimano R501 Wheels | Merlin Cycles

Whats the general consensus on the UK bike shop.coms? They seem to have super competitive pricing, I'm assuming because of a more cyclo-centric society. I've usually shied away from ordering overseas because of return complications, communication issues (both language related and not), and high shipping rates. Well, it seems many of them ship free to the US, that's one down... I'd love to hear your opinions and experiences. Do we have a list of trusted/preferred retailers somewhere in the forum? I do like to support LBS, but when that's not financially feasible (I'm alliterating all over the joint) the next best thing is a cool .com with cool people.
Old 06-16-14, 11:56 AM
JamesInSJ

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For UK bike shops, my best experiences are from Wiggle, but they ship almost every time using carrier methods that collect customs fees (usually DHL). Any Int'l shipping that is more post-based, and uses USPS for their US fulfillment (NOT DHL-USPS partnership or anything) you will almost always avoids customs. ProBikeKit (PBK) is also pretty good, but watch out for anything that goes out of stock, especially if you get an awesome deal with a 10% or 15% bonus discount. I had one order back-ordered for 2 months, all the time the charge was already against my credit card, but I got such an amazing deal I just had to wait it out. Other options was cancel and resubmit order later, but then the low price and big extra discount I had wouldn't have applied. All of my orders from PBK except for my most recent one were shipped in a way that used USPS for all United States fulfillment, and I was never charged customs. Watch out on components from Ribble if you're expected them to be retail packaged. An order a few months back of Shimano 105 shifters, Ultegra FD and RD, and Tiagra cassette were all OEM packaged (plastic bags with labels...not Shimano cardboard packaging).
Old 06-16-14, 12:42 PM
401flava

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bontrager Race flat top ergo drop bars, matte black, 26.0... Seller lists as "May show signs of shelf wear" , my set were damn near perfect and came insanely fast. (Phrasing,boom)

$17.99 shipped from Benscycle on ebay

Bontrager Race Flat Top Drop Handlebar Road 38cm 26 0mm Black Ergo Bend New | eBay
Old 06-18-14, 01:11 PM
willy704

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Veloflex Master Clincher Road Tire at BikeTiresDirect

Veloflex Master Tires for $35
Old 06-18-14, 03:26 PM
Team Sarcasm

Bikes: One with square wheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClarkinHawaii
I think it's really unusual/strange/suspicious that you have to give them personal information before you can even browse the site to see what they have. What reason do they give for this?
I signed up a while back as well. All it does it make it seem like you're getting an uber special deal that not many other people can "get".....makes people feel speshul but their prices are far from as great as they make them seem.
Old 06-18-14, 04:09 PM
Jazzy Hands

Bikes: BMC TeamMachine, CAAD9, CAD R1000

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willy704
Awesome. Thank you.
Old 06-19-14, 12:29 AM
calgarc

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
not really a hot deal for all, but i did snag a dura ace 7900 cassette for 20 bucks today 0_0
Old 06-19-14, 07:34 AM
colbydunkle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, newbie here. Just letting you know of some deals I found on Nashbar. Getting on their email list is a must. 2 weeks ago I bought a pair of Giro Factor carbon road shoes for $72. Next day they were $189. Also got a good deal on 105 pedals and some jerseys. Today is extra 15% off order at checkout.

Last edited by colbydunkle; 06-20-14 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-23-14, 09:27 PM
amazinmets73

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Does anybody have any experience with Nashbar carbon frames? I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on a cyclocross frame and this seems pretty sick

Nashbar Carbon Primo Cyclocross Frame - 12K - Frames
Old 06-24-14, 10:45 AM
Team Sarcasm

Bikes: One with square wheels

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amazinmets73
Does anybody have any experience with Nashbar carbon frames? I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on a cyclocross frame and this seems pretty sick

Nashbar Carbon Primo Cyclocross Frame - 12K - Frames

People like them and they won't explode on you if that's what your asking. 500$ for a new carbon frame is pretty hard to beat.
Old 06-26-14, 12:04 PM
seymour1910

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Females looking to get a new bike, this is a good deal. 105 bike for $649.

Only catch is they only have it in size 56, so I guess taller females.

Diamondback Airen 3 WMN'S Road Bike 2013 > Complete Bikes > Road Bikes | Jenson USA

Last edited by seymour1910; 06-27-14 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-26-14, 12:31 PM
401flava

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just wanted to update my post where I mentioned the RS11 set from PROBIKEKIT.COM at a really good price of $113. Idk if they're still that price, but I wanted to re-post and share my experience. This was my first time ordering from them, and they are located in the UK, so I was a bit wary. I'm happy to report a good experience...I received the wheels in about 2 weeks, they were in the Shimano box which is well packaged, and the whole box was also 'exterior' bubble-wrapped. Wheels were brand new and perfect. So +1 for ProBikeKit.com. I'm still seeing one wheel selling stateside for what I paid for a set, and that's always a good thing. I love a good deal, and I can wait an extra delivery week to get one.

[in the interest of full disclosure I should add that apparently some items from outside the US may be subject to a duty or tax. I have never incurred such a tax (never been slapped with a doodie)with any of the multitude of things I've ordered overseas, but ymmv. Another poster here has said that DHS may/will collect owed duties (old doodies?) but that USPS will not. My wheels came USPS fwiw.]
Old 06-27-14, 09:54 AM
Darth Steele

Bikes: 2013 SuperSix Ultegra

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calgarc
not really a hot deal for all, but i did snag a dura ace 7900 cassette for 20 bucks today 0_0

thanks, this information helps the rest of us.
Old 06-27-14, 02:02 PM
calgarc

Originally Posted by Darth Steele
thanks, this information helps the rest of us.
lol i did not know where else to post my new found wonder haha
Old 06-27-14, 02:56 PM
bahula03

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by calgarc
lol i did not know where else to post my new found wonder haha
https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycli...-purchase.html
Old 06-28-14, 12:34 PM
Copper_head

Bikes: 2000 Trek 7200, 2013 Fuji Absolute 1.3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi
New guy here. I've been riding a hybrid for the past two years and wanted to get something like an endurance bike, more road oriented but I greatly dislike drop bars.
I've been searching and test riding bikes for a couple weeks.
Got an email from Performance yesterday and pulled the trigger. They are selling 2013 Fuji Absolute 1.3 for $584.00 and promo code IMBA15 works for an extra 15 bucks off, and free shipping to stores going on now.
HTH
Old 07-03-14, 10:23 AM
Gege-Bubu

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Voler has 10% sale going on for the 4th. Along with that if you spend $150 you get a free skully cap. If you spend $200 you get a free set of Sol Skin UV Arm Protectors.The promo code is JULY4

I like Voler, not sure if this is the best deal.

Voler Store - Premium USA Made Cycling Apparel
Old 07-03-14, 05:14 PM
airswoosh1

Bikes: 1988 Miyata 512

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ben's Cycle has a 20% off promo code for the 4th of July (4july2014), only active for one day, so gotta jump on it quick. Plus, if it's your first order, shipping is free. If you've never purchased anything from these guys, prices are usually pretty good and they ship damn fast.

? Ben's Cycle ? Milwaukee Bicycle Co. ?
Old 07-04-14, 11:33 AM
hicksjerry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PowerTap G3 Alloy Wheelset with Joule 1.0 for $639.99

Performance Bicycle is running a 20% off deal today along with free shipping. Merry Christmas!....errr....Happy 4th of July!!!

CycleOps PowerTap G3 Alloy Shimano Wheelset with Joule 1.0 Computer - Powertap
Old 07-04-14, 01:53 PM
dleccord

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for the deals and keep em coming!
Old 07-06-14, 03:44 PM
hailandkill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jensonusa.com/Focus-Cayo-Evo-30-Force-Bike-2013

Looking for a new bike to replace my caad9 and found this.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-06-14, 04:28 PM
calgarc

Originally Posted by 401flava
Idk if anyone's interested but I've found a few of Shimanos entry level wheelsets at good sale prices. The r501,rs11,and rs21 specifically... I grabbed a set of rs11 @ $113 shipped w/ a 15% off code 100US, from probikekit.com. It is a UK site so caveat emptor but free US shipping...ill let ya know how I make out with them. I saw the r501 for $98 a SET from a UK site called Merlin Cycle! They ship free to US as well but when i added wheels to cart it added shipping too Found them in US for $133 (will not price match). Rs21 are around $165 I believe, msrp is like $409,usual retail price over $200 anyway. Those 3 models are around for imho a good deal. Wheel snobs may turn up their noses but they are a quality wheel, the radial 16f with 20r looks sweet (maybe the "sexiest" wheelsets under $200?), and while not light they're not bricks either- around 1800g+ for the pair iirc. Quality and looks-wise I'd say its a nice step up from a cheap factory set, or for the build-on-a-budget like mine. Hope this helps someone!

Keep rollin'

i paid 106 + free shipping to canada from merlin for my 501's i figure they would make great all purpose/winter wheels while i search for a good pair for my mains.
Old 07-06-14, 08:31 PM
seymour1910

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hailandkill

What do you guys think?
If this is the bike you mean, I think it's great, go for it.
Old 07-11-14, 07:39 AM
Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hailandkill

What do you guys think?
That is a great deal. The Focus Cayo Evo is a beautiful bike.
Peronally, I would jump on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.