Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

How long does Nashbar Standard Shipping take?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-05, 06:37 PM
Albert G.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ordered some stuff off Nashbar almost three weeks ago with Standard Shipping and it hasn't arrived. How Long does your standard shipping order from Nashbar usually take?
Old 05-23-05, 06:44 PM
jhota
blithering idiot

Bikes: 1991 Trek 930, 2005 Bianchi Eros, 2006 Nashbar "X," IRO Rob Roy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
depends on where you are. their standard shipping is USPS, so it can be a bit slow, especially if you ordered any large or oversize items.

that said, three weeks does seem to be a long time. even for the Post Office.
Old 05-23-05, 06:46 PM
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!

Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa

Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
if it has shipped, they should provide you with a tracking number, even for USPS, I would think. Have you checked, or can you check order status on their website?
Old 05-23-05, 06:49 PM
Albert G.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsharr
if it has shipped, they should provide you with a tracking number, even for USPS, I would think. Have you checked, or can you check order status on their website?

I cheked on the website but i don't know which one the order number is.
Old 05-23-05, 06:49 PM
Hawkear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm averaging about a week.
Old 05-23-05, 06:50 PM
cslone
Quarq shill

Bikes: 08 Felt F4, 05 Fuji Team SL, 08 Planet X Stealth, 10 Kona Jake the Snake, 03 Giant OCR flat bar.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I live about 3 hours from their warehouse in Ohio. I ordered some IN STOCK shoes last year and it took 2 weeks.

That being said, 3 weeks still seems a bit long to me.
Old 05-23-05, 06:51 PM
el twe
crotchety young dude

Bikes: IRO Angus; Casati Gold Line; Redline 925; '72 Schwinn Olympic Paramount

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Order number would be in the confirmation email you recieved after ordering, but for me, there was no USPS tracking number. They only gave me the Nashbar link telling me it was shipped. I ordered a jersey on the 19th, and it came today (standard shipping). You might try emailing them to ask what the problem is...
Old 05-23-05, 06:54 PM
Albert G.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by el twe
Order number would be in the confirmation email you recieved after ordering, but for me, there was no USPS tracking number. They only gave me the Nashbar link telling me it was shipped. I ordered a jersey on the 19th, and it came today (standard shipping). You might try emailing them to ask what the problem is...

But i ordered it in the mail with a money order. You think they'll give me the problem if i call them.
Old 05-23-05, 06:55 PM
scoana

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
About a week
Old 05-23-05, 07:00 PM
wannaride
Toughen the pluck up!

Bikes: 1990 KHS Sled; 2004 Specialized Sirrus Pro; 2005 Cannondale Saeco Replica

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My recent order arrived four days after it shipped. I normally figure about a week to 10 days after ordering. I've been pretty pleased with Nasbar over time.
Old 05-23-05, 08:00 PM
Chops83

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, but it's only been 2 weeks for me. I called today and they said usps doesn't provide tracking numbers, but I know I've had packages sent thru usps and have gotten tracking numbers from them, what's the deal with nashbar?
Old 05-23-05, 08:26 PM
Romulus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2 days to philly... Nashbar always tell you when they send it... if you did not get that e-mail - they probably did not get it out yet, go the site and chech order status
Old 06-20-05, 01:53 PM
jmk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live about two hours from the Nashbar warehouse. They claim my order shipped 5 days ago via USPS. A card or letter usually takes one or two days to cover that distance. I called and emailed their customer service, and they told me to allow 7 to 12 business days to receive the item. I'm in the same state! Anyway, I am never dealing with this POS outfit again. They obviously could care less about the customer, and the aggravation was not worth my $5 savings. They won't have to worry about customer service when they have no customers.
Old 06-20-05, 04:19 PM
Delta

Bikes: N/A

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've always recieved my stuff in less than a business week. Even large items like a truck hitch bike rack.
Old 06-20-05, 10:59 PM
tygerman
Winter Stinks!

Bikes: Motobecane Le Champion Sl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live three miles from the warehouse and it usually takes 5 days.
Old 06-20-05, 11:47 PM
Daijoubu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can Canadians use the $4.95 USPS option? Or do we have to get screwed by customs w/FedEx's $7.95?
Maybe I should drop them a email