Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Looking for a Faggin fork circa 1986

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-18, 10:48 AM
Paintking

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 27 Posts

I'm searching high and low for a chrome Faggin road bike fork from around 1986. I've found a couple non-Faggin donor forks that would suffice to get my bike back on the road, but I'd prefer something relatively correct. I'm looking for chrome with a Faggin pantograph in Columbus or similar good quality tubing. The fork does not need to be pretty, but I do want ride-able. I'm not really interested in new old stock. As you can see my bike is a bit rusty and well used (although it will look much better after I clean it up).

So any body got an extra Faggin fork laying around?

Old 12-28-18, 08:14 PM
nesteel 

Bikes: See the signature....

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Paintking
I'm searching high and low for a chrome Faggin road bike fork from around 1986. I've found a couple non-Faggin donor forks that would suffice to get my bike back on the road, but I'd prefer something relatively correct. I'm looking for chrome with a Faggin pantograph in Columbus or similar good quality tubing. The fork does not need to be pretty, but I do want ride-able. I'm not really interested in new old stock. As you can see my bike is a bit rusty and well used (although it will look much better after I clean it up).

So any body got an extra Faggin fork laying around?

What steerer length? I have a frameset I'd let go of cheaply.
Old 12-29-18, 11:08 AM
ollo_ollo

Bikes: Still have a few left!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked 545 Times in 270 Posts
Have one on my blue Titan, but not for sale. You missed a window of opportunity some years back when folks were substituting carbon forks for steel to get quick weight reduction, led to quality steel forks on eBay for low $$. They are out there, but price is more than double from those days. Here's 1: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Faggin-ch...gAAOSwTQtaK-SU
Old 12-29-18, 01:18 PM
Paintking

Originally Posted by nesteel
What steerer length? I have a frameset I'd let go of cheaply.

Sure, I'm interested. I'll pm you.

The original damaged fork has a 14.5 cm steer tube. The frame is a 52 with an 10.5 cm steer tube.
Old 12-29-18, 01:24 PM
Paintking

Originally Posted by ollo_ollo
Have one on my blue Titan, but not for sale. You missed a window of opportunity some years back when folks were substituting carbon forks for steel to get quick weight reduction, led to quality steel forks on eBay for low $$. They are out there, but price is more than double from those days. Here's 1: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Faggin-ch...gAAOSwTQtaK-SU
Yeah I've been watching that Faggin fork on ebay. It's nice enough but not exactly what I want, and for that amount of money I'd prefer to have exactly what I want.

Good point on timing. Ten years ago I had several steel forks of various quality, all obtained cheap and passed on for not much more than I paid for them (gave a couple to friends). I've got a new carbon fork that I could use on the Faggin, but that would be a sin of high magnitude.