Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

2006 Giant OCR 2 vs.2013 Scattante R350

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-20, 08:34 PM
mgrtuba

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking at getting back into riding and have found two bikes. What is your opinion?
Old 06-13-20, 12:17 PM
shaun3000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
How much for each?

I have that Giant. I bought it new in 2006. It’s been a great bike and I’m just now looking to replace it, only because I want something more modern.

Comparing the two, the Giant has better but older components. 105 rear derailleur, Tiagra everything else. The Scattante is Sora, which is a step below but they’re seven years newer so maybe that’s a wash?

Frames seem similar, both have carbon forks with alloy steerers. I’d say it comes down to fit and price.

Edit: A few of the stock Giant components sucked. I replace them on mine long ago. The one you’re looking at may or may not include them. The seat was a squishy mountain bike seat. The stem was a variable angle. Great for finding your fit but it was squeaky and not very stiff.

Last edited by shaun3000; 06-13-20 at 12:21 PM.