Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The V-CC. A little Something

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-24, 12:29 PM
macstuff 

Bikes: A Blue One and 2 Green One's, then there's the Yellow one. And oh, yeah, a Black One. Did I mention the Red One?

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 84 Posts

Having run the gamut over the years from cantilever through mountain and into lightweights, I primarily enjoy English bikes. Their rarity in the states keeps me from going too far. (bankrupt)
I own several, from the 1930s through my only Raleigh, a 92' Dyna-Tech. That's as new as I'm going to own. I'm older now and use a bike to commute and pleasure ride. Once or twice a year I may go on a short tour ride like the Lake Pepin 3spd tour (80 miles in 2 days).

If you like old bikes and the history of old bikes, I would recommend being a member of the V-CC.
That's the Veteran Cycle Club.
Veteran is how the English refer to old things.
Their hard copy quarterly publications are very interesting, They have a website and an online library that covers Many European and English Marques.
There are other benefits also, like this blurb in this quarters magazine.

While I'm at it, here's a pic of my daily commuter sans it's regular saddle bag. I'm waiting to get a black Acorn bag next month.
73' Dawes Galaxy. A bike boom import that started out yellow. Saved from the scrap at my local co-op.
Now a 6 speed/thumb shift with 700x32s
I've got a couple thousand miles on it in the last couple years. I really like making old bikes live again. 👍

Last edited by macstuff; 04-15-24 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-15-24, 02:33 PM
non-fixie 
Polymultiplié

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 286 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2222 Post(s)
Liked 4,825 Times in 1,818 Posts
Through my membership of De Oude Fiets, V-CC's Dutch sister club I have access to their library. Absolutely worth a few bob.

Likes For non-fixie: