Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

27.2mm seatpost 0.5mm too wide

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-24, 10:17 AM
elcyc

Bikes: Gary Fisher Advance (1993, heavily modded); Fuji Absolute 2.0 (2010; modded); 1989 Miyata 512 (58cm; $50, thrift buy); KHS Classic (63cm, 12-spd); Schwinn World Sport (58cm); Schwinn Voyageur (58cm)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 27 Posts

Back to the orig topic with a an amendment. Perhaps my orig. "1mm" claim was too high. I would now estimate that it is closer to 0.5mm-0.3mm.
Reason being: I found the orig Fuji OEM seatpost (that I replaced the Satori with in the Fujil it installed w/o incident) . And the OEM has the same no-fit issue -- on vintage GF and Schwinn -- as the Satori. A nat's gluteus hair too wide.
My orig speculation was that ID and OD specs have changed or became ad hoc. I'm more convinced of this now.

BTW: What a weird decision it was to close the other thread. And all the supporting "likes" to the mod decision -- the very definition of filter bubbleness and echo chambers . Immature and cowardly. Restaurant kitchens run hot, folks, and temperaments are on the menu. But scrumptiousness of the cuisine is the ultimate end product. It keeps the critics comin' back for review blurbs. "If you can't stand the heat...."
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/57885a5...9-e981a78c45c6
Toodles!
- moi!
Old 05-20-24, 10:19 AM
howsteepisit

Bikes: Canyon Endurace SLX 8Di2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
Oddly enough, 27.2 - 26.8 is ............0.4 mm! shocking I know.
Likes For howsteepisit:
Old 05-20-24, 10:31 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4793 Post(s)
Liked 1,547 Times in 1,014 Posts
Originally Posted by elcyc
Back to the orig topic with a an amendment. Perhaps my orig. "1mm" claim was too high. I would now estimate that it is closer to 0.5mm-0.3mm.
Reason being: I found the orig Fuji OEM seatpost (that I replaced the Satori with in the Fujil it installed w/o incident) . And the OEM has the same no-fit issue -- on vintage GF and Schwinn -- as the Satori. A nat's gluteus hair too wide.
My orig speculation was that ID and OD specs have changed or became ad hoc. I'm more convinced of this now.

BTW: What a weird decision it was to close the other thread. And all the supporting "likes" to the mod decision -- the very definition of filter bubbleness and echo chambers . Immature and cowardly. Restaurant kitchens run hot, folks, and temperaments are on the menu. But scrumptiousness of the cuisine is the ultimate end product. It keeps the critics comin' back for review blurbs. "If you can't stand the heat...."
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/57885a5...9-e981a78c45c6
Toodles!
- moi!
Cool story. Is there a question here, or just a story?
Likes For Sy Reene:
Old 05-20-24, 10:33 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 4490 Post(s)
Liked 4,167 Times in 2,788 Posts
Your thread was shut down because you had gotten good information and chose not to accept it and attack everyone in the thread and now you are trying to re-open that and continue the argument but try and come at it slightly differently but the same anger about it.

Restaurant kitchens might be hot temperature wise (because of stoves and ovens) but a good kitchen is well organized and they don't fight each other and they accept the facts. You don't have all the chefs around you saying the dish is still dirty and the dishwasher is screaming at them it is perfectly clean and everyone is wrong in a professional restaurant kitchen.

In the end you got excellent advice in the old thread, accept that or move on from the topic because the moderators were pretty clear.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 05-20-24, 10:41 AM
MilhouseJ

Bikes: Probably too many...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 33 Posts
This thread smells like the number purple.
Old 05-20-24, 10:43 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3122 Post(s)
Liked 6,770 Times in 3,874 Posts
No need to rehash this topic.

Thread closed.