Search
Notices
Rides and Races A place for posting group rides, races, and regional threads for the fixed gear and single speed forum.

Gainesville fl

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 08:23 PM
meangreen

Bikes: Schwin Twin, Rayleigh sports (1968), Bianchi (dont know year or type), Green fixed - built to my own desires, Cannondale CAAD9, Schwinn ss build, Fugi something-or-other.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gainesville fl

Hey Guys,

I live in Gainesville, FL and I see there was an old post about rides that was pretty popular until last year. Anyone want to get together and ride? I can ride pretty much any day or night (except Tuesday nights and Wednesdays). I know there have to be plenty of people on here from Gville.
Old 06-07-09, 12:14 PM
afs.eric

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey Ill be moving to Gainesville in august. Id like to meet some people and learn the fun places to ride around.
Old 06-07-09, 12:14 PM
mikearena
Glorified Blender

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by meangreen
Hey Guys,

I live in Gainesville, FL and I see there was an old post about rides that was pretty popular until last year. Anyone want to get together and ride? I can ride pretty much any day or night (except Tuesday nights and Wednesdays). I know there have to be plenty of people on here from Gville.
Hey, most of us moved over to www.flfixed.com. There's a bunch of people from all over Florida on it, but a good number from Gainesville too.

Right now, there's a pretty regular (I think...) fast-ish ride that is on Tuesdays, 6:00 at Spin Cycle, 400-block of W. University Ave.

See you around!
Old 06-08-09, 12:47 PM
espi-JG
I see you over there

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Cool, one more here from gville
Old 06-14-09, 08:15 PM
meangreen

Bikes: Schwin Twin, Rayleigh sports (1968), Bianchi (dont know year or type), Green fixed - built to my own desires, Cannondale CAAD9, Schwinn ss build, Fugi something-or-other.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
awesome! Ill check out flfixed.com. I usually do a loop around town every day around 7. Anyone that wants to go for a night ride meet me at the hippodrome (next) Monday June 22 at 730 pm and we will start riding at 8 pm. You can message me for my email/phone number if you would like.

Casey
Old 06-19-09, 01:10 PM
meangreen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It looks like (according to flfixed) there are already gville rides at 9 pm on mondays at the bathouse. I am going to move the ride to wednesday at 730 (leave by 8pm) at the hipp.
Old 06-19-09, 09:29 PM
mikearena
Glorified Blender

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Eh, yeah, that Monday ride isn't really happening so much right now...

But there is a 6:00 ride on Tuesdays that leaves from Spin Cycle.
Old 04-12-11, 06:44 PM
Sandlotje

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd like to bump this thread, how do I go about getting involved in the cycling community here? I'm very close to the NW Chevron gas station -- I see numerous cyclists meeting there just about every weekend during many parts of the year. Any insight?
Old 04-02-14, 11:06 AM
Jbepics

Bikes: Trek Emonda sl 6, Scott Scale 940, Surley Steamroller, 1989 Specialized Allez, 1988 Cannondale Criterium, Fuji Feather, Trek fx, State Black label,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'll give it a shot. I just moved to Gainesville and need some people to ride with. I know about the gcc, and I'll be signing up soon. But in the meantime! I need some evening/weekend riding buddies. I leave out from micanopy after 5:20 and I'm free in weekends. I'm a roadie, but I just bought a mountain bike to spice things up a bit. I've only rode a few times since I've been here and my avg speed is about 21mph solo. I'm okay with going a little slower though.