Old 11-03-21, 08:49 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
Liked 991 Times in 638 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadWearier
Thanks for all of the interest. Looked at it last week and the rear derailleur kept slipping to different gears. Might have been just a matter of adjusting the cables but I just don't feel like fooling with adjusting gears. Had enough frustration with that with a newer bike. Plus the straps on the clip pedals were dry rotted and the buckles were rusted. The bike itself while ugly was actually pretty light and would have been a nice commuter. It's still for sale in North Georgia. The guy who was selling the bike "fixes bikes". But obviously doesn't ride them. He insisted there was nothing wrong with it and that the derailleur works fine " on the stand.". I just moved on.
There is a guy selling bikes in my area. He does all the repair work, and his repairs are bad. The key with him is buy a bike BEFORE he does his repair work. I've bought several of those from him. The few "finished" bikes I bought from him suffered from stuck seat posts and stems, crap tires, no bearings serviced, etc.

Last edited by wrk101; 11-03-21 at 09:00 AM.