View Single Post
Old 09-10-22, 01:55 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 1,197 Times in 697 Posts
The kicker bike did not exist when i got my kicker. but, even if it did i would still go with the kicker for a few reasons:
  1. size, kicker bike is the size of a...bike which means i need a place to keep it. currently i am limited to the garage and have 3 cars parked inside. my little spit does not take up so much room that i have to put the kicker away each time but when not using it for extended periods of time i just stow it away under a work bench.
  2. price, the kicker bike is way more than i care to pay. the kicker for me was ~700 that i bought on sale on line in 2019. the bike did not exist at the time, other brands may have had one though.
  3. hassle of getting the bike on/off. i don't consider this to be a hassle really. after doing it a few times it becomes very easy and fast. 15 seconds to get the wheel off, 30 seconds to get the bike mounted. in winter the bike usually remains mounted unless i get lucky with weather. i am willing to put up with the hassle.
i'm not knocking the bike solution, i am pretty confident that it is a great solution, it is just not for me. maybe when i get much older but at 55 i can handle having just a wheel off trainer.

when my daughter starts her job after college i get her room and guess where i will be riding...
Likes For spelger: