markynels

Bikes: CAAD13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ZHVelo
Also for cycling? Not just gym?

Creatine, 5mg daily, even on recovery days. Many recent studies suggest there are extended benefits well beyond physical strength, such as for eg., mental clarity. Continued use is important to maintain muscle saturation. The added water weight is negligible in contrast to the physical gains exhibited (and water aids recovery). If I were to have access to only one supplement, it would be creatine.

As for protein, I practice a very clean diet and attempt to get within 80-90% of my daily reqs at approx. 1.2-2g/kg through natural sources, and fill the remainder with organic whey sources of either isolate or concentrate. This is maintained on off days but with lesser pedantry than creatine. The upside of the supplemental form are the BCAA's like Leucine. I was big on casein but there are many recent studies suggesting whey is as effective, and timing is less concerning than was once thought.

Going back to Beta-alanine, it's one of those supplements you get a direct sense of it's manifestation through its tingling effects, but I could personally not get it to translate into anything positive or recognizable beyond that. Also worth noting I AB test every supplement over a course of roughly 2 years, and corroborate these effects against all relevant cycling metrics, including wearing a Whoop.
Likes For markynels: