Old 03-14-21, 01:12 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 1,187 Times in 690 Posts
Originally Posted by rgppgr
My 4 grand daughters and I were riding to a play date when we came to a three way all stop intersection. We were stopped and I saw another solo rider approaching. Older gentleman in full dress coming fast. He gave me one look and never slowed down. I told the girls to go ahead and they took off. This guy grabbed both brakes and ground to a stop as the girls went in front of him. I looked at him again, He looked put out that he had to yield. Like from a fellow cyclist I was supposed to follow the law and let him slide. I loved it. And it was a good lesson for the girls. Keep your eyes on the surroundings. You never know when someone is going to cause a problem. Keep your head up.
Originally Posted by rgppgr
Thank you for the heart warming story about your 16 yr old. And thanks for the essentials. You paint a very good fictional story of what you perceive. And thanks for the lesson on what to teach. After 6 grand daughters from 5 to 18 and not one accident I'll retrain them. Was it you trying to blow through that stop sign when there was traffic? You're funny. Lofty but funny.
except that it was your description of what happened that made me respond. is what you wrote highlighted above fictional? perhaps you should clarify.