jay4usc
Live Healthy

Bikes: Wabi Classic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by bykemike
I took some time this afternoon and installed a half link ( my first and a pain, I even had to go to Utube) to get it done. I said I was new to this.

Net result is the wheel is now forward about 3/16 of an inch from where it was and I could still bring it forward another 3/16 of an inch before the tire comes too close to the seat tube.

So I have about a 1/2" of adjustment on this bike using these tires. that will change for the better as the tires wear or I find a 700C/25 tire that runs a little less height. I would rather not ride on the little 23's anymore, I'm running 32's on my Domane and 27.5 plus tires on my Scott hardtail, looking down at a 23 tire is just to much width shock!

I'm thinking, as is, I should have enough adjustment to handle normal chain wear and when I change gearing I'll just try and keep the changes small enough or balanced enough to work within the envelope.

I have a wabi classic with 46x16t and 19t on the other cog with 700x28 gatorskins and have plenty of room to run 32s.