Old 09-07-21, 10:16 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by kosmo886
So, I am new to having an indoor trainer and plan to use one all winter. I am a bit concerned about the wear and sweat accumulation etc. on my road bike, so considering getting a bike to just use on a trainer. I have the Wahoo Kickr and Climb, so really don't even need the wheels. Is the groupset even remotely important? I don't think so given it would mostly be in ERG mode and controlled by the kickr. I assume I want something with reasonably similar geometry to my road bike, but other than that, anything I should pay more for or prioritize? I am going to go with a used bike and keep the cost down.
ERG will only control resistance during training. you will still need to shift on your own. and eventually if you decide to try zwift or rgt or rouvy you will likely try the simulated routes where there is no erg mode but only grade simulation. you will shift in these virtual worlds too. it is supposed to be like riding outside. they do the best they can do.

when you get all set up you can try all of those listed for free, about a week or two then decide on one or more.