Old 06-01-22, 07:30 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
High valuations are perhaps reflecting Ebay asking or patience in 'finding th perfect buyer', but I think @cyclophilia 's low number - and on a good day - to be what I was expecting.

With SP tubing for size 58, it rolls very smoothly and with stability for a near 200lb rider.

appreciate all the replies!!!
This exactly. There is local pricing in your market, and there is dreamy pricing via an international sales platform like eBay or similar. Beautiful bike! Worth more to the "right" person, less to everyone else. So if you find that person locally, I could see $600 to $750. To anyone else, $500 at best. Even at $500, which I would consider a steal, it could take a while to sell.

As someone who has been selling on ebay for over 22 years, expect to pay A LOT in fees, fees are charged even on the shipping. Then you WILL get a 1099 from ebay managed payments. If the toal of all your transactions within one year with a gross of $600, and you will get a 1099. Surely with shipping this one will exceed that mark. You and your tax accountant will have to document all of your costs, as the IRS will otherwise consider the total amount of your 1099 to be INCOME. I've been dealing with PayPal and eBay managed payment 1099s for a while, so its not that bad. But the first time people get one, they can panic.

And of course, you will have to pack and ship, which is a PITA. I have a frameset to pack and ship today. Not looking forward to it!

The sad part is a local sale may be less than just what the parts alone are worth. Parts are pretty easy to ship.

Ebay is the best option for people that live in poor local markets, which is my case. Seattle is a better market for sure!

Last edited by wrk101; 06-01-22 at 09:09 AM.