Old 09-23-21, 09:11 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
"Oh I filed a complaint but the “buyer” prevailed because I did not pay the extra $0.75 for delivery confirmation and the buyer saw the loophole & exploited it."

Delivery confirmation is a MUST and is free when you print labels on line. High dollar items you need a signature, not just delivery confirmation, which costs a couple of dollars. Ebay's rules are crystal clear. Never, ever sell without delivery confirmation. And get the required signature on the high dollar stuff. The rule used to be $750 gross sale, including shipping on a signature.

Out of thousands of sales, I have only had one where the buyer claimed he didn't get the item. I had delivery confirmation that showed delivery, and ebay ruled in my favor. I had a second one that delivered, but buyer claimed someone stole it off his porch. Like I'm responsible for the security of his porch? Really? Ebay sided with me on that one too. While memorable, two transactions out of thousands, is miniscule.

On FB marketplace, I find it GREAT as a BUYER, lousy as a seller. I've seen some incredible deals on FB marketplace linger for days. As a seller, my #1 complaint on FB marketplace is bikes don't show up in just one category. They can be under Hobbies, and also under Outdoor Equipment, and Sporting Goods, Miscellaneous, and finally, check Fishing GEAR sometime and see how many bikes appear there!

Last edited by wrk101; 09-23-21 at 09:25 PM.