Old 06-20-21, 01:30 PM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked 1,962 Times in 945 Posts
Only 28 miles and 3500 ft of climb and one crash on Turnbull Cyn Rd. Hard to understand what happened. One moment I'm leaning into a hard left curve, front tire flats and I am landing on my left shoulder and hip/knee. Scrambled to get off the road and gather my senses.

Immediately after, a couple ascending Turnbull stopped to render aid for which I am extremely thankful. They changed my tube and got my bike back in shape to cruise home. Rinsed my road rash and was able to lift my left arm and piston my legs so rode the last few miles home. Looks like I lucked out with only deep contusions on the left hip and shoulder.

In retrospect, I considered changing the front tire with a new Michelin All Season with some grippy rubber. The Bontrager tire was beginning to square off and I thought a few more rides would not be an issue. I'll be off the bike for a week.

Edit: Finally got around to inspecting the tube. Turns out it was a pinch flat with the telltale snake bite holes adjacent to the valve stem.
As usual, another accident that could have easily been prevented with proper inflation.

Last edited by CAT7RDR; 06-24-21 at 12:48 PM.
Likes For CAT7RDR: