Old 09-18-21, 04:08 AM
Dahoon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
back on the iron horse - think I overdid it

Hello fellow heavyweight cyclists

First off let me get weight out of the way as this is my first post in this part of the forum: Down from close to 130kg to ... well last week it was 115kg so less than that but more significantly I'm tapered off many many years of antidepressants which startet after a bout with cancer and Watt on a bike have almost doubled since I started. Old pants hidden away in the back of the stack are becoming my new pants!

Anyways, I bought myself a bike some time ago after only riding the couch for 15+ years (literally doing little else) and turns out that my form was so bad when I went for a test ride that I could hardly ride it on level ground. So I started taking spinning classes and I totally fell in love with it... and now I think all the spinning and cycling has become too much for my poor legs but I have no idea what is going on with them.

On the one hand it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable at all when I ride and I can see from one ride or spinning class to the next that my form is improving (pretty fast actually!). But on the other hand my quadriceps feel like, well it's not easy to explain actually (English not being my primary language doesn't help). If I tighten my quads for a few seconds, like when stretching in the morning when getting out of bed, they buuuurn for some 5 seconds or so. It almost feels like cramps but without the muscles actually cramping up or like when lifting weights when doing that one last lift before you can't take another. Burn when tightened but otherwise no soreness and no pain..

I have in the far away past overtrained and that lead to a significant fall in form, lack of energy, etc., which is why I'm confused since I see nothing like that now. I can easily take a spinning class without problems. I have rested and not touched a bike in 4 days now but as far as I can tell it haven't made any difference whatsoever.

Anyone ever experienced something like this? Of course if it persists I'll go see my doctor after the weekend but I was hoping someone in here had some advice.. I really hope I don't have to stop riding for much longer now that I finally got up from the couch!