terrymorse 
climber has-been

Bikes: Scott Addict R1, Felt Z1

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3432 Post(s)
Liked 3,567 Times in 1,793 Posts
Originally Posted by gif4445
I am looking to replace my wool ankle high Pearl Izumi socks. It appears they don't make them anymore, except in woman's sizes. (The largest is too small for me, I've tried it). I'm looking for a sock that is 1) wool, 2) ankle high, 3)thin and 4)has no big seam across toe area. I wear wool year round for its anti-bacterial properties and feel. I've looked at crew length, since Pearl Izumi still makes them, but they seem to be thicker, which I don't prefer for warmer riding. Thanks in advance!
I have been wearing the Sock Guy wool socks for many years. They also made my custom wool socks when I had a bike touring company.
  • wool
  • ankle height
  • thin
  • no seam at toe area [Edit: there is a seam, but it has a low profile]
They also are stretchy, so they are snug and stay put. Some of the other wool socks (SmartWool, DeFeet) can get baggy quickly.

One thing: the Sock Guy heel and toe are made from a synthetic material. I consider this a benefit, as the all-wool socks wear out quickly in the toe and heel.

Ankle height socks are out of style, so there aren't many to choose from. I have their hiker sock, which is identical to the old cycling sock. They also have this placid lake sock.

Last edited by terrymorse; 12-06-22 at 12:30 PM.
Likes For terrymorse: