Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Front Wald basket installation on my Minivelo

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Front Wald basket installation on my Minivelo

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-24, 03:40 AM
Ron Damon

Bikes: Several, all affordably priced, none exalted cult artifacts

Liked 841 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by Duragrouch
Thanks. Those look just a touch different in design from yours, but still look strong. I found ones like on your bike after searching on amazon for "double stem" instead of "double clamp" like I had been. I wish they would specify the center-to-center distance between the clamp holes, I need to know how high it will raise my aero bars. And also the clamp width, to see if it will fit in the 25.4mm clamp area without getting into the tapers (must fit outboard of the aero bar clamp area), otherwise I'll need to go in the wider section which is 22.2mm so doesn't fit the clamps without shims. They never make this stuff easy.
Those Litepro stem extenders clamp to the thicker, wider 25.4mm section of the handlebar. They are about 3" center to center.

Old 05-30-24, 04:45 AM
Duragrouch
Durable Senior Member

Liked 895 Times in 718 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Damon
Those Litepro stem extenders clamp to the thicker, wider 25.4mm section of the handlebar. They are about 3" center to center.
Thanks Ron. 3" C-2-C between the holes, that would do it, in that respect. The highest Profile Design riser (that they said wouldn't fit my bars) is 70mm. 3" is just over 76mm, that would be great.

My old Profile aeros are about 3-1/2" laterally across the outside of the clamps, but the armrests are not wide enough for me. The new aeros (with wider armrests) are about 5" across the outside of the clamps, so the double stem clamps almost certain would need to clamp in the 22.2 area, I've never seen a bar with the 25.4 center area that wide. And I can't put the double stem clamps inboard, as that is where the aero bar tubes are on the newer one. Nope, clamps outboard of the 5", will put the left one overlapping with the left trigger shifter (only there because spring in microshift FD is too strong for left gripshift); If I can get that longarm (longer pull) shimano FD-5800 mounted (linkage interferes on the old style Litepro adaptor), and if (short pull) gripshift 1 to 3 gives me 1 to 2 at the crank with less effort, then I can put the left gripshift back on and get rid of the trigger shifter and this will all work. Then all I need to do is wrench the wrench, to clamp the clamp, to rise the riser, to unaero the aero, to widen my arms, to unpressure my hands, when I unfold the fold, that bikes the bike, and the wheels on the bike go round and round, round and round, round and round...