Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Show us your Canyon....PLEASE

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Show us your Canyon....PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-24, 10:58 AM
PromptCritical 

Bikes: Columbine, Paramount Track Bike, Colnago Super, Santana Tandems (1995 & 2007), Gary Fisher Piranha, Trek Wahoo, Bianchi Track Bike, a couple of Honda mountain bikes

Liked 435 Times in 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkbeast
A really fun bike that I LOVED, but it had a bad weld that broke around 8K miles. Warranty process was...not good.

Wow! I hope you weren't hurt. Did all three breaks happen at the same time and suddenly? My Gary Fisher aluminum frame cracked recently, but it got all floppy so I had warning.

-Stupid hurts....ride safe

Old 08-01-24, 12:01 PM
MikeDeason

Liked 138 Times in 96 Posts
No. Not as slammed as I thought especially with the 3 spacers plus I can run 35

The lack of any adjustability had me concerned but pretty sure it will be fine. I can very likely unload it here in my neighborhood if it’s a disaster Lots of tony bike people here will jump on it.
Old 08-02-24, 01:04 PM
Cornbiker

Bikes: Canyon Endurace 7, Trek FX 2, Cannondale H400, Jazz Latitude, Bergamo (Made by Chiorda)

Liked 132 Times in 36 Posts

My Endurace 7. I have had it for about a month now. Love it. My first real road bike.
Likes For Cornbiker:
Old 08-08-24, 04:43 AM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Bikes: Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8, Canyon Pathlite 7

Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts
Here is the first shot of my Roadlite CF 9 LTD. To my knowledge, this is the only one in the US in this iteration (with SRAM Eagle/Force AXS and Reynolds wheels). It is fast an nimble, but I am still tweaking the brakes and shifting. When I ride out of the saddle, the front brake pads rub slightly, but they are not broken in at all. The Favero Assioma power meter pedals are very easy to work with so far, and feel just as nice as the Shimano XT two-sided SPD pedals I'm used to, but with the added feature of power meter readings. The AXS shifting is quick and almost silent, but I want to experiment with some micro adjustments to each gear. Also, I don't think the drivetrain is lubed correctly, so I will work on that as well. Better shots to come as I break it in and get everything dialed in.

Likes For mflacche:
Old 08-08-24, 02:51 PM
PeteHski

Liked 5,873 Times in 3,624 Posts
Originally Posted by mflacche
The AXS shifting is quick and almost silent, but I want to experiment with some micro adjustments to each gear. Also, I don't think the drivetrain is lubed correctly, so I will work on that as well. Better shots to come as I break it in and get everything dialed in.
The chain will just have the factory packing grease, which will attract dirt like a magnet. So I would clean it up and use your own lube of choice.

You can micro-adjust the shift indexing from the AXS phone app in real time while you ride, which is pretty cool. Note that it works like a cable barrel adjuster in that the setting applies equally to all gears. You can’t set each gear independently.

If your front brake rotor continues to rub after bedding in then I would loosen the calliper and centre it perfectly on the rotor. If you check it now by eye, you might see it is very close to the pad on one side.

It’s a nice bike I’m sure you will enjoy!

Old 08-09-24, 12:09 AM
Sierra_rider

Bikes: Santa Cruz Blur 4 TR, Canyon Endurace cf sl, Canyon Ultimate cf slx, Canyon Strive enduro, Canyon Grizl sl8

Liked 1,564 Times in 576 Posts
I've got a few Canyons:

Likes For Sierra_rider:
Old 08-10-24, 12:25 AM
Junkbeast

Bikes: 2023 Trek Domane SL 5 Gen 4

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by PromptCritical
Wow! I hope you weren't hurt. Did all three breaks happen at the same time and suddenly? My Gary Fisher aluminum frame cracked recently, but it got all floppy so I had warning.
I'm sorry; I didn't mean to appear misleading from the photos. The 2nd pic shows the chainstay weld that failed. The 3rd pic shows the bottom bracket being cut apart which was what Canyon required before they would reimburse me for out of pocket cash that I had to pay as part of their warranty process in my situation. The bike DID NOT fail in 3 places at once and I was not physically injured.

I did experience considerable time, effort, and some monetary withholding during the warranty process, which is why I cannot recommend Canyon bikes to people any longer.