Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

My new '93 Cannondale T700, stealth T1000

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

My new '93 Cannondale T700, stealth T1000

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-20, 09:54 AM
Michael Ar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
I want those wheels!!! 😁😉 Those good XT hubs on 700c rims don’t pop up every day. 😉
They do look pretty cool, to my eyes. There is the slightest wobble in this rear wheel. I had it trued at a LBS, but it still has maybe a 1/32" wobble to it.

Originally Posted by The Golden Boy
Beautiful and badass. Love it!!!

"******" is the word that came to mind to me...
Thanks. It's great fun to ride, for sure. Can't wait to get it loaded up and out for some riding/camping weekends.

Thanks all,
Michael

Originally Posted by ShannonM
That's some craft brew, right there!

Fantastic bike, I wouldn't change a thing. That Logic crank is gangster.

Buy a spare derailleur hanger right away, while you can. Gods below only know if you'll be able to get one in 10 years without a trip to a local machine shop. Older Cannondale touring frames are about as good as it ever got, or ever will get. Treat it well and put it in your will... your grandkids will thank you, because it'll still be an awesome bike.

--Shannon
You wax poetic, Shannon. Ha ha. For now I'm pretty much in agreement with you about leaving it as is. Though I still have the problem of weak muscles (old man), bad lungs (too many years of smoking) and hillls (Oy, that looks steep). I'm with you on the derailleur hanger, I already checked and they are still available so I will order one in the next week or two. I do need to harmonize the fenders, I think. Seems SKS/Esge no longer has these in the gold that cam originally on the bike. So I was thinking maybe some Bluemels in matt black? Or maybe some hammered aluminum with copper finish? Any thoughts?
Old 08-22-20, 10:03 AM
Michael Ar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
A couple of more photos.

See if I can get that metallic to show up a bit.

Michael