Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Props from your job for commuting?

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Props from your job for commuting?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08, 05:24 PM
Big_e
Strong with the Fred

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Meh, nothing good official-wise. Everybody kinda thinks I'm silly. Our office building is in the middle of non-bike friendly streets and in the middle of a neighborhood most people fear being out in after dark. It's my home so I feel ok. My boss does let me store my bike anyplace there is room in the office. There are showers for the wellness center members I can use. Even if the boss ever does change his mind and says my bike has to go out, the building security says they will help me find a place to stash my bike.
Ernest
Old 11-03-08, 05:36 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2953 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
No benefits as such, but it certainly hasn't hurt me. I just got a promotion in fact, and I'm now the youngest supervisor in my agency.
Old 11-03-08, 05:47 PM
beatnik0422

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BroadSTPhilly
I can keep my bike in my office which is very nice but I don't get kudos for riding in, nor do I expect any.
ditto

Today, as I was pushing my bicycle to its corner--which is maybe 20 feet from my desk--a coworker said, "dang man, you've got the right idea." I'm the only person in my office that commutes. Hopefully though, others will hop on the bandwagon. My boss has never mentioned the fact that I ride my bike to work, but when I came to him and told him I was going to start biking to work, he was very accommodating. He told me that little spot 20 feet from my desk was mine.
Old 11-03-08, 10:30 PM
pgoat
Batüwü Griekgriek

Bikes: 1986 Trek 500 Tri Series, 2005 Cannondale R1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA Commuter
This past summer, I was featured for commuting to work on my company's on-line newsletter. Gas prices were above $4 and it was Bike to Work month.

My co-workers are pretty cool, however senior management stills makes me feel like I'm inferior because I don't drive a fancy car or that I must have lost my license. Dunno for sure, but I'm psychotic and I can tell those things!
see, that's an interesting paradox, but also a sign that things are changing for the better.