Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Mark Cavendish's Shameful Performance

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Mark Cavendish's Shameful Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-16, 11:18 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts
Yowza. I'd seen two of those, but yowza!
Cravin'crash does indeed spend a fair amount of time feeding himself and others to the asphaltosaurus wrecks.

Most of those were accidents though. The $#it he pulled on the Olympics was decidedly intentional, and utterly unsportsmanlike. Everyone saw and everyone knows; I hope someone gives him (and his partisan fans who will no doubt howl at the injustice) a taste of his own bitter medicine soon.
Old 09-08-16, 11:03 AM
maartendc

Bikes: BMC SLC01, Trek Checkpoint ALR5

Liked 32 Times in 26 Posts
For sure he crashed into that guy on purpose. Clear as day looking at the video. He AIMS for the guy coming down the slope.

Cavendish is a major d.i.c.k.

Just listen to him in interviews. He is just a guy who only cares about himself and nobody else. He needs to learn some bloody manners. Prime example of English white trash. I hate the guy personally.
Old 09-08-16, 01:20 PM
Gyro

Liked 98 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by maartendc
For sure he crashed into that guy on purpose. Clear as day looking at the video. He AIMS for the guy coming down the slope.

Cavendish is a major d.i.c.k.

Just listen to him in interviews. He is just a guy who only cares about himself and nobody else. He needs to learn some bloody manners. Prime example of English white trash. I hate the guy personally.
Rebirth of "Rollerball" they had bikes too.
Old 09-08-16, 01:53 PM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Liked 586 Times in 383 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandera
Bicycle racing, particularly in massed start events on the track, involves a certain amount of contact between riders.
Neophyte riders go through "bump drills" to develop the mind set/skills to maintain control and get on with it.
World class track riders have the experience to stay up and the focus to not freak out and keep right on racing.

Overlapping a rider who has the front and is up on the banking above you is a recipe for disaster: Track Racing 101.

That being said Cav's move was both bone-headed and unfortunate, not Illegal or Evil.
Get over it, it's Racing.

If anyone has a Velodrome in their locality I highly recommend taking the Basic "Rider Certification" course, being on the track goes to the heart of cycling as Sport.
There will be far fewer left turning 18 wheelers, texting/drunken drivers and a bit less construction debris to content with.
A serious effort at technique/pace/adaptation to the operation of fixed gear machines on the banking under strict rules will be required along with a desire to Go Fast.
The rules, regulations, etiquette & safety requirements of the environment will be fully explained/enforced on any UCI certified track : Have at it!

-Bandera
If that's an indication how track racing is, no thanks. I'd rather take my bumps on the road by accident than by another rider on purpose. Now if track racers just want/love contact, I'd invite them to a boxing gym or mma sparring. At least there knocking someone down on purpose is welcomed.
Old 09-08-16, 04:25 PM
atbman

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
[QUOTE=maartendc;19041715]
Yes, you're in a world championship event which you're aiming to win, so naturally you decide to deliberately knock someone (who's not a major challenger) off since it's absolutely guaranteed that you won't come down yourself. Had he done so, with intent, don't you think that the event judges might just have noticed?

Just listen to him in interviews. He is just a guy who only cares about himself and nobody else. He needs to learn some bloody manners. Prime example of English white trash. I hate the guy personally
Listened to him on many occasions. When he's won a stage, he always thanks his team mates. In a stage of the tour of Britain a couple of days ago, he led out his team mate, Steve Cummings, up one of the major climbs of the day so as to set him up for an attack up the road. Early in mountainous stages where he will end up in the autobus, he acts as a domestique, going back to the team car for bottles, stuffing his jersey with them for the rest of his team. So selfish.
By the way, he's not English, he's a Manxman - look it up. Glad to hear that you hate him personally. Would be really upset if you hated him impersonally
Old 09-08-16, 04:44 PM
Bandera
~>~

Liked 182 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
If that's an indication how track racing is, no thanks.
Track racing certainly isn't for everyone, even watching it on TV.

-Bandera

Last edited by Bandera; 09-08-16 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-08-16, 08:12 PM
maartendc

Bikes: BMC SLC01, Trek Checkpoint ALR5

Liked 32 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by atbman
Yes, you're in a world championship event which you're aiming to win, so naturally you decide to deliberately knock someone (who's not a major challenger) off since it's absolutely guaranteed that you won't come down yourself. Had he done so, with intent, don't you think that the event judges might just have noticed?
If he did not do that on purpose, he is a ***in blind man. Watch the video, and then tell me with a straight face he did not do that deliberately.

And his direct competitor ,Elia Viviani from Italy, was also directly behind him, and this crash made him crash as well. So it WAS advantageous to him.

And it was the olympics, not the world championship. Get your facts straight if you're so knowledgeable and all.

Oh he thanks his teammates in interviews does he? Lets give him a Nobel Peace Prize! I was referring to the fact that he is often very rude to interviewers, and has little respect for his competitors, as judging from his reckless behavior on the bike.

Last edited by maartendc; 09-08-16 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-08-16, 09:42 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Liked 729 Times in 487 Posts
ah, for the latest, watch the finish of Stage 2 of the Tour of Britain... another cav-man performance...
Old 09-09-16, 02:55 PM
atbman

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by maartendc
If he did not do that on purpose, he is a ***in blind man. Watch the video, and then tell me with a straight face he did not do that deliberately.

And his direct competitor ,Elia Viviani from Italy, was also directly behind him, and this crash made him crash as well. So it WAS advantageous to him.
Are you implying that he did it to bring Viviani down? Combining track racing and a pool cannon shots is probably beyond anyone's ability

And it was the olympics, not the world championship. Get your facts straight if you're so knowledgeable and all.
Olympics - my bad.

Oh he thanks his teammates in interviews does he? Lets give him a Nobel Peace Prize! I was referring to the fact that he is often very rude to interviewers, and has little respect for his competitors, as judging from his reckless behavior on the bike.
"Often rude to interviewers"? Not from those I've seen. "Reckless behaviour on the bike"? Name me a stage race sprinter who hasn't upset a fellow sprinter in a dash for the line. All too often the head on shot gives a misleading impression of how close they are to each other. At least as often as not the overhead shot shows something rather different. I may be wrong but I can only remember one occasion when he's been relegated for infringing another rider's line.
Old 09-09-16, 04:07 PM
McBTC

Bikes: 2015 22 Speed

Liked 56 Times in 43 Posts
If you look at it again you'll see that Sanghoon was looking back at riders behind him and by the time he looked ahead he had no time to respond to the position he allowed his bike to be in relative to a rider ahead of him and simply ran into Cav.