Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Recommend super-bright daytime front flasher

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Recommend super-bright daytime front flasher

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-22, 12:00 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5234 Post(s)
Liked 3,609 Times in 2,357 Posts
Originally Posted by wayold
Gloworm X2
looks good!
https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-gea...-night-review/

https://spokemagazine.com/gloworm-li...tial-thoughts/

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-review...he-group-test/
Old 10-06-22, 12:37 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3,171 Times in 2,014 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
oh yeah haha I don't have that one!
I don't need a wide beam, so most light options don't seem to fit my use. I like being able to see the pothole way in advance, so a very bright (1500+ lumens) & narrow beam is preferred.
Old 10-06-22, 12:52 PM
MrJames67 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Note: these Amazon packs of 3 Ultrafire flashlights do not have flashing mode

I wrote earlier:

It's the most attention-getting bike light I've ever seen. They cannot avoid seeing it. What's interesting is that on a full non-flashing setting, as bright as it is, the strobe seems to increase the perceived brightness level to the viewer.

Here are 3 of them, not knockoffs, genuine Ultrafire ones with Cree bulbs, for $14.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These look the same and are fine as helmet or handlebar lamps but they do not flash
Old 10-06-22, 01:12 PM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 589 Times in 386 Posts
Originally Posted by MrJames67
I wrote earlier:

It's the most attention-getting bike light I've ever seen. They cannot avoid seeing it. What's interesting is that on a full non-flashing setting, as bright as it is, the strobe seems to increase the perceived brightness level to the viewer.

Here are 3 of them, not knockoffs, genuine Ultrafire ones with Cree bulbs, for $14.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These look the same and are fine as helmet or handlebar lamps but they do not flash
They refer to them as one mode. On the same page near the bottom there is a 4 pack of 3 mode for $12.99-they do flash.
Old 10-06-22, 03:23 PM
MrJames67 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
yikes! how do those monsters feel about cyclists?
I can't answer that. I don't see other cyclists away from the main lake roads, other than occasional small groups of road riders of 2-5 in the summer months. I'm the only one up here and ride solo. And on my road almost no traffic after Labor Day, because many of the summer folks leave. On the main roads in the summer there are plenty of cyclists and good bike lanes. No problems.

But I did have one bad experience a few years back, coming up a several mile hill, main two lane road from Lake Erie, on my Trek VRX 200 MTB. Not much faster than walking. I was on the road edge and a guy in a pickup slowed down just behind me, I didn't notice him. But just before I saw the truck, the huge dog in the pickup bed barked at me as though I were breaking into his house, not many feet away. I instinctively leaped off the bike and rolled down into the ditch. I take falls well so no serious injury or cuts. Driver stopped with the dog still barking and laughed loudly for awhile and then drove away before I could read his plate. Other than that no trouble and I usually ride to the other side of my mostly empty road when the occasional car or truck is coming behind me. So they don't have to pass me. Today I use an outstanding helmet mirror, so no surprises, and I hear cars, even hybrids' tires sound, a third of a mile away. Most people are courteous and so far none have tried to see how close they can come to me.
Likes For MrJames67: