Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

How fer did you ride today?!

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

How fer did you ride today?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-23, 07:11 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Liked 2,049 Times in 1,160 Posts
Got in 21 with 1k of climbing. Had a touch of heat stress yesterday doing the yard work, it was painfully hot and humid. My legs were really heavy today and it took a lot of time for them to warm up, like 15 miles. They started to feel good as the route started downhill,

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 08-10-23, 10:29 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Liked 6,608 Times in 3,342 Posts
50 with 2500’ A couple of PRs and a 5th fastest overall which was a surprise.

Snoqualmie River

Bog

Last edited by rsbob; 08-11-23 at 07:12 PM.
Likes For rsbob:
Old 08-10-23, 11:33 PM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Liked 2,066 Times in 906 Posts
111 miles my phone battery died when strava was around 106. My bike computer showed 110.8 miles and always shows less than strava does so at least 111 miles.

Last edited by jadmt; 08-11-23 at 04:00 PM.
Likes For jadmt:
Old 08-11-23, 01:24 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Liked 3,302 Times in 2,096 Posts
43 miles
Old 08-11-23, 02:59 PM
jadmt

50.66 miles
Likes For jadmt:
Old 08-11-23, 07:13 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Originally Posted by Troul
43 miles
No pics, it didn’t happen.

Old 08-11-23, 07:23 PM
Troul 

Originally Posted by rsbob
No pics, it didn’t happen.
my area lacks good scenery... unless potholes, orange barrels, beggars, & rundown neighborhoods are considered good.
Old 08-11-23, 08:34 PM
Sierra_rider

Bikes: Santa Cruz Blur 4 TR, Canyon Endurace cf sl, Canyon Ultimate cf slx, Canyon Strive enduro, Canyon Grizl sl8

Liked 1,554 Times in 572 Posts
I got roughly 45 miles and 5800' gain in today of "gravel." I use that term loosely, I was really under-biked in more than a few spots...2x GRX gearing isn't quite low enough on 15% grades at 8k' up, time to throw the mtb cassette on. No reprieve on the downhills either, I kept looking at the mileage thinking, "why do I feel so crappy at only xx miles?" Barely missed the thunderstorms too, even got a few sprinkles on me. Anyway, I can't complain, riding up here in the mountains is my "church":

Likes For Sierra_rider:
Old 08-11-23, 08:44 PM
jaxgtr

my area lacks good scenery... unless potholes, orange barrels, beggars, & rundown neighborhoods are considered good.

Sounds like my area, although the city started cracking down on the people begging at every traffic signal in town. It really got out of hand as someone got hit as they were running across the road from the center divider. Not to mention all the garbage and crap they left behind. Now if they see them, they pick them up and take them to a shelter. The ones I hated were the ones that were using their kids as bait. There was a younger guy that had 3 small boys, and for a while would hang near a light at a home depot. A few people approached him that owned businesses and said they could offer him a job and help with housing if he needed it, to get the kids off the road and in school. He refused it and told the people to go away. They estimated he was making 6 figures a yr doing this as they discovered where he lived was a very nice 3500 ft house. People started calling Dept of Children and Families and he would just move his routine elsewhere before they could show up. I think they finally arrested him for child endangerment or something like that. They then discovered the wife was doing the same scam with a daughter elsewhere in the city.

I got in 28 tonight, took my Emonda out to give my new seat post a shakedown ride. Those Bontrager RSL 27.2 seat post are really nice and make quick work of setting up the saddle position and also pretty dang light at 195 grams.

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 08-11-23, 08:50 PM
jadmt

sounds like my kind of place...
Likes For jadmt:
Old 08-11-23, 08:54 PM
jadmt

Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Sounds like my area, although the city started cracking down on the people begging at every traffic signal in town. It really got out of hand as someone got hit as they were running across the road from the center divider. Not to mention all the garbage and crap they left behind. Now if they see them, they pick them up and take them to a shelter. The ones I hated were the ones that were using their kids as bait. There was a younger guy that had 3 small boys, and for a while would hang near a light at a home depot. A few people approached him that owned businesses and said they could offer him a job and help with housing if he needed it, to get the kids off the road and in school. He refused it and told the people to go away. They estimated he was making 6 figures a yr doing this as they discovered where he lived was a very nice 3500 ft house. People started calling Dept of Children and Families and he would just move his routine elsewhere before they could show up. I think they finally arrested him for child endangerment or something like that. They then discovered the wife was doing the same scam with a daughter elsewhere in the city.

I got in 28 tonight, took my Emonda out to give my new seat post a shakedown ride. Those Bontrager RSL 27.2 seat post are really nice and make quick work of setting up the saddle position and also pretty dang light at 195 grams.
I had a young gal come up to me and ask if I could spare $20 for baby formula. I asked where her baby was and she said in her car. I said go get the baby and I will go with you into the store and I will get you some formula. She said **** you and went and asked someone else. My buddy who lives in Oregon said he has seen homeless people take there vouchers into Winco and buy cases of water and then empty the water out and go right to the recycle machine to get cash.
Likes For jadmt:
Old 08-11-23, 09:23 PM
jaxgtr

Originally Posted by jadmt
I had a young gal come up to me and ask if I could spare $20 for baby formula. I asked where her baby was and she said in her car. I said go get the baby and I will go with you into the store and I will get you some formula. She said **** you and went and asked someone else. My buddy who lives in Oregon said he has seen homeless people take there vouchers into Winco and buy cases of water and then empty the water out and go right to the recycle machine to get cash.
Yea I will not give cash to anyone, but every so often, you get surprised. There was a young guy soliciting in a grocery store parking lot when my neighbor, minister at a local church; and I ran up there to pick up a large order he placed with the deli for a church function later that day. As we were walking into the store, this dude hit us up for some cash so he could get some food. Neighbor told him he would get him some food and something to drink, but he would not get him cash, and we were both shocked when he took him up on it. Found out this guy had a really horrendous home situation, but he worked with some organizations here in town to help this kid get some housing and some work training. He is now going to the local college and wants to be a dentist. He is such a nice guy, I really hope he is able to make it through school.

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 08-12-23, 07:58 AM
The Chemist

Bikes: Waltly Custom Ti // Seaboard CX01 // Dahon Boardwalk

Liked 539 Times in 250 Posts
Wasn't quite today as I was away camping, but here's my most recent - best ever distance and climbing totals!

Likes For The Chemist:
Old 08-12-23, 10:43 AM
Troul 

45 miles before the rain, 47 after the rain & storms blew over.
Old 08-12-23, 12:15 PM
jaxgtr

Got in 49 today, it was brutal hot today. Started with a heat index at 100 at 8 am, ended at 117 by the time I got home at 10:40. I stopped at the bike shop to get some more water and to take advantage of the AC for 20 mins. I will be so happy when this dome of high pressure moves out so we can get some relief from this stuff. I did a couple of bridge loops today, that was a mistake, should have just ridden by it and been on my way. My wife took the dog to the groomer this morning and was not happy with me when she came home and I was gone. She wanted me to ride inside today due to the heat, she said I am too old to ride in that heat. Pishposh woman.... I have to go man up.... . After 40 years, you'd think she would know me better.

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 08-12-23, 12:50 PM
Troul 

Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Got in 49 today, it was brutal hot today. Started with a heat index at 100 at 8 am, ended at 117 by the time I got home at 10:40. I stopped at the bike shop to get some more water and to take advantage of the AC for 20 mins. I will be so happy when this dome of high pressure moves out so we can get some relief from this stuff. I did a couple of bridge loops today, that was a mistake, should have just ridden by it and been on my way. My wife took the dog to the groomer this morning and was not happy with me when she came home and I was gone. She wanted me to ride inside today due to the heat, she said I am too old to ride in that heat. Pishposh woman.... I have to go man up.... . After 40 years, you'd think she would know me better.
lol she'll never come around on that one.
The humidity has been high. As soon as I stop, im drenched & the mosquitoes start to feast.
Old 08-12-23, 01:15 PM
jaxgtr

lol she'll never come around on that one.
The humidity has been high. As soon as I stop, im drenched & the mosquitoes start to feast.
Yea I guess it means she really does cares about me... LOL. My jersey was about 3x's it dry weight when I got home... I guess if there is a benefit to the lack of daily rain lately is the lack of flying insects attacking me

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 08-12-23, 07:21 PM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Liked 579 Times in 305 Posts
Took a warm 66 mile ride on the Capital Trail from Charles City County Courthouse to Richmond. Took a look at the capital. Never seen it in person but years ago visited the Maison Carrée in Nîmes France.

Headed back. Not enough time to make 80 miles. And warm. Stopped for BBQ on the way back. Then ran out of water 10 miles from my end point.

Oh new Terry Fly Ti seat. No more but ache from the Aeolus seat.

Likes For biker128pedal:
Old 08-12-23, 08:13 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

27 easy ones with no real climbs. Tested my max speed on a flat and managed to hit 30 before the legs complained.

Mosquito assembly area

Typical country road

Corn is getting tall

Boeing Classic Golf flyover

Likes For rsbob:
Old 08-13-23, 07:27 PM
andcarrotrope

Bikes: 2017 Felt Verza Speed 10

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
32.51 miles. Exactly.
Likes For andcarrotrope:
Old 08-13-23, 08:08 PM
Troul 

103 miles. the weekend went by too fast.
Old 08-13-23, 10:25 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

103 miles. the weekend went by too fast.
Don’t know how you do it riding in your weather and road conditions. Tip of the hat to your sir.

With temps in the 90s here, and being an older weather (weather) wimp, did a 10 mile ZWIFT session. Boring. And thanks to the latest IOS upgrade, my lightening adaptor no longer works with the TV. Need to order a proprietary Apple adaptor at ridiculous money.

Last edited by rsbob; 08-13-23 at 10:29 PM.
Likes For rsbob:
Old 08-14-23, 08:13 AM
Troul 

Originally Posted by rsbob
Don’t know how you do it riding in your weather and road conditions. Tip of the hat to your sir.

With temps in the 90s here, and being an older weather (weather) wimp, did a 10 mile ZWIFT session. Boring. And thanks to the latest IOS upgrade, my lightening adaptor no longer works with the TV. Need to order a proprietary Apple adaptor at ridiculous money.
I shift the environment out & shift thru the gears. Always try to shift out the #2's prior, to lighten the load.
Old 08-14-23, 08:17 AM
Sierra_rider

Bikes: Santa Cruz Blur 4 TR, Canyon Endurace cf sl, Canyon Ultimate cf slx, Canyon Strive enduro, Canyon Grizl sl8

Liked 1,554 Times in 572 Posts
25 miles and 2500' gain yesterday, kept it short in case I needed to play with cleat position on my new pedals. Luckily, the widest stance option worked with my wider-than-previous SPD SLs.

Headed out the door right now to meet up with someone and do a moderate length gravel loop.
Likes For Sierra_rider:
Old 08-14-23, 12:06 PM
jaxgtr

Felt like crap on Sunday after the heat beating I took on Saturday, but I still did 10 to keep the legs loose. Got the new Magped pedals in today and installed. Gave them a quick 2 min spin while I was on lunch, hopefully the wife will find these much easier to deal with and not taking 5 mins to clip in each foot. I will have to get used to the feel and adjust the little plate around to get my foot position correct. Looks like a cool system though and pedals are incredibly light. Once she is done riding this afternoon, I will take a spin on them as well.

Likes For jaxgtr:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.