Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Training Status??? (IV)

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Training Status??? (IV)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-16, 12:57 PM
TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
Ima go spin easy and think too much
Old 09-09-16, 10:35 PM
jsk

Bikes: Trek Madone, Blue Triad SL, Dixie Flyer BTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexMac
4/5 Crit yesterday 7th 95 deg HOT..then 2nd Crit chain drops and gets stuck on chain catcher! Oh well road race tomorrow
Good job on 1st crit, bummer about the second one. Have fun in Sealy. I thought about it, but decided I need fresh legs for CHRR on Sunday.
Old 09-10-16, 01:36 PM
mattm
**** that

Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Haven't ridden since Monday.

Still faster than a lot of people.. still slower than a lot of people.

Maybe race tomorrow.

my race videos
Old 09-10-16, 03:13 PM
TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

5hrs of cyclotouring watts. The legs do not feel proper so I'm gonna spend the next few days catching up on Narcos and reminding the gf that I actually exist.
Old 09-10-16, 09:18 PM
furiousferret

Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Last week I retweaked my tear moving 50 lb bags. Six weeks of recovery to waste. I got an empty living room down to cement I was supposed to install tile in but its just too taxing on my leg.

I'm going to have to hire someone to finish it up, which makes me feel lazy. I'm going to explain to some 50+ year old (who probably has a myriad of injuries but has to work) I hired that its too hard because of a sore leg.
Old 09-11-16, 09:31 PM
aaronmcd

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Marin Gestalt X11

Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Yesterday was my birthday, so instead of riding I did beer intervals almost all day.
Woke up feeling good (for the amount of beer I drank), but a bit of a post-drinking, getting-older, no-ride -to-todays-race funk. Laying around doing nothing til noon.

Finally figured I'd go ride and see if that would snap me out of it. Went for 4.5 hours with an 80' climb at 90%. Legs were so fresh it was hard to keep power low for the first 20', but I knew it'd be hell after an hour if I went too hard! Not very fast, only 4 w/kg, but maybe good enough to try the turkey day race. Figure race day could add 5% watts and save 5% by drafting, and be right there with the decent-but-not-fast guys.
Old 09-12-16, 08:07 AM
Ygduf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
got up yesterday and did 3 hours steady with a friend.

800+ for the week, which is maybe not wise given that I've not had more than 90 minutes of consecutive sleep since last Thursday, and maybe 10 hours total over 3 days.

I can't ****ing wait to go to work and lay on my cot.
Old 09-12-16, 08:34 AM
Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Haven't been riding for a few weeks (baby + long ass commute + settling into new life) but hoping to start shortly. My wife and I both agree it's good for me and helps.

However, I've managed to lose 15-20 lbs (depending on where you start counting from) just from dieting, which puts me in a much better position when I start riding again. Down to 205 or so. Only 25ish lbs to go to race weight.
Old 09-12-16, 10:44 AM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronmcd
Yesterday was my birthday, so instead of riding I did beer intervals almost all day.
Woke up feeling good (for the amount of beer I drank), but a bit of a post-drinking, getting-older, no-ride -to-todays-race funk. Laying around doing nothing til noon.

Finally figured I'd go ride and see if that would snap me out of it. Went for 4.5 hours with an 80' climb at 90%. Legs were so fresh it was hard to keep power low for the first 20', but I knew it'd be hell after an hour if I went too hard! Not very fast, only 4 w/kg, but maybe good enough to try the turkey day race. Figure race day could add 5% watts and save 5% by drafting, and be right there with the decent-but-not-fast guys.
Happy birthday!

Hangover legs can be surprisingly good sometimes
Old 09-12-16, 12:39 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Liked 634 Times in 338 Posts
After being off Fri and Sat, did a 4x10 ftp session yesterday. Thought I'd be fresh and not have too much of an issue (TSB is like +15), but some issues with the trainer and power meter adjusting the resistance made it kind of weird to hit my target power on a couple of intervals. so it was more like 2x10 @ 101% and 2x10 not quite 100% lol
Old 09-12-16, 10:47 PM
furiousferret

Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Just did an hour of yoga. Since I've fixed my pelvic alignment my back pain and sciatica have disappeared; there are still some lingering problems but regardless this is the best I've felt in probably 10 years. The real test is going to be how it does under a real load on the bike. That's probably not going to happen for a few more weeks. Even without the adductor tear (which is getting better) my quads and hip flexors are randomly twitching due to tightness, and its going to take time for them to adapt. I'm pretty much sick of easy recovery rides, but it beats sitting on the couch.

I used to think any training off the bike was lame, but it seems at keeping the core aligned and the muscles stretched is a prerequisite.
Old 09-13-16, 09:32 AM
TexMac

Bikes: Ridley Noah fast, Colnago CLX,Giant Propel Advanced, Pinnerello Gogma 65.1, Specialized S-works Venge, CAADX,Cervelo S3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsk
Good job on 1st crit, bummer about the second one. Have fun in Sealy. I thought about it, but decided I need fresh legs for CHRR on Sunday.
Thanks. CAT 3/4 S RR was fun and i had a flat going to 3rd lap.
how was chapel hill
Old 09-13-16, 09:41 AM
jsk

Bikes: Trek Madone, Blue Triad SL, Dixie Flyer BTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexMac
Thanks. CAT 3/4 S RR was fun and i had a flat going to 3rd lap.
how was chapel hill
I saw that about the flat on your Strava. Hate it when that happens, teammate of mine has flatted in his last two road races. I heard you guys got some harsh weather also. CHRR was tough but fun, ended up in 2nd place. I posted a write-up in the race result thread.
Old 09-13-16, 11:56 AM
TexMac

Bikes: Ridley Noah fast, Colnago CLX,Giant Propel Advanced, Pinnerello Gogma 65.1, Specialized S-works Venge, CAADX,Cervelo S3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsk
I saw that about the flat on your Strava. Hate it when that happens, teammate of mine has flatted in his last two road races. I heard you guys got some harsh weather also. CHRR was tough but fun, ended up in 2nd place. I posted a write-up in the race result thread.
Great job.. but DUDE! if there is anyone that can beat Eric on TT, he should be winning all races
Old 09-13-16, 12:13 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Liked 3,110 Times in 1,418 Posts
Got an hour in doing 3'+3' intervals while the kids were at soccer. Volume is going down, but trying to keep the intensity.
Old 09-13-16, 01:06 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Liked 634 Times in 338 Posts
78mins @ 88% (zwift race) in between work stuff, it's really too nice to be inside though
Old 09-13-16, 01:45 PM
dz_nuzz
Rides too much bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My training plan is empty. My life is empty. I know not how to deal with this lack of direction.
Old 09-13-16, 02:12 PM
topflightpro

Liked 680 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by dz_nuzz
My training plan is empty. My life is empty. I know not how to deal with this lack of direction.
When I couldn't train, I started reading random stuff on the internet. Then I became convinced I needed a fast car to take to a track and race, because if I could race bikes, I should race cars. So I traded in my perfectly good and paid off truck for a little BMW.

Then I found out how much it costs to track a car - one time is pretty much equal to my annual bike race fees. I've never made it to the track.

I still miss my truck.
Old 09-13-16, 02:19 PM
Wylde06

Bikes: Cannondale Six13

Liked 58 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
When I couldn't train, I started reading random stuff on the internet.

aka bikeforums.net
Old 09-13-16, 02:23 PM
TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

Yeah, over the last 7 days I've had a beer and a scoop of ice cream. I guess you could say i've gone off the deep end.
Old 09-13-16, 02:26 PM
Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
I tried to buy some beer the other day. But then I realized I'm in Pennsylvania and I gave up.
Old 09-14-16, 07:24 AM
topflightpro

Liked 680 Times in 431 Posts
I've decided I'm taking the week off. I was already taking off Thursday through Monday because I'm going to a wedding in California, but right now, I'm just exhausted. It really has nothing to do with my training, but more with everything else in my life. I don't think I've had one down moment in the past two weeks. I've spent the last two weekends doing housework pretty much from the minute I got done riding until I went to sleep. Even after work, I've basically been busy from when I got home to when I went to sleep. Things just seemed to have blown up all of the sudden. For example, I've had an issue with a leaky toilet that I cannot seem to fix. I've made three trips to Lowes over the last three days buying and exchanging parts. I thought I had it fixed last night, but then I heard it filling again. So back to Lowes I went. I think I've narrowed the issue to a leaky flapper. I'll swap it out tonight and see if that solves the problem.
Old 09-14-16, 07:34 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Liked 3,485 Times in 1,827 Posts
Hope things calm down for you topflight.

I'm in the opposite mode as many of you east coasters. The second ride of base begins now!

Headed to Fiesta Island for 2x30' at low/mid z4. Peace.
Old 09-14-16, 03:33 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Liked 3,485 Times in 1,827 Posts
Aimed for 91%, and hit the first one on the head. During the last 10' of the second, I rounded the island by the causeway and saw a few triatheletes and roadies ahead. I went hard enough over the last 10' to raise my AP to ~96% for the 30'. Oops.

off season cat 6 racing ftw.
Old 09-14-16, 05:25 PM
scheibo
once a runner

Bikes: n+1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wanted to do a couple sets of 5x2:00 repeats @ around 350W this morning. i bailed after 1.5 repeats, not even sets. last week i held 350W for 12.5 minutes, today I could barely hold it for 2. legs were super fresh too. i know motivation matters, im just surprised how much it matters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.