Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Damn! An Entire Summer and No New Stealth Camping Posts!

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Damn! An Entire Summer and No New Stealth Camping Posts!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-08, 02:29 PM
Ekdog

Bikes: Brompton M6R, mountain bikes, Circe Omnis+ tandem

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ekitel
in Portugal you get alcool etilico 96% for well under 1 euro per 250 ml bottle in any store, I'm not sure if it's the same thing but it burns hot and clean
Yes, that alcohol's available here in Spain for about the same price, but twigs and other pieces of wood that I find are free, and I prefer the taste of food cooked over a wood fire, so I don't think my Trangia will be getting much use in the future.
Old 10-22-08, 04:54 AM
RogerTully

Bikes: Monfoose Tyax MTB, Optima Lynxx Recumbent, TW Bents trailer.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just do it. Don't tell anyone. Clean up after you. Enjoy it. Move on and do it again. If you publish, the authorities will wise up and make it more difficult. Commercial interests hate us because we are not contributing to their economy. They are powerful in a parochial sort of way so be careful. Set yourself up for success.
Happy cycling and successful camping!
Rt
Old 10-22-08, 06:38 AM
b_young
Support JDRF

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus, Specialized Roubaix Elite

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
"City" may be a bit of a misnomer. These are mostly in smallish towns and are usually the site of the community pool. They were always very pleasant places to camp in my experience. The one large-ish city (Pueblo, Colorado) where we camped in a city park they let us camp in a locked area where their department of works was headquartered and their garages were. The next larger one was Great Bend Kansas, the cops rode by to check on us every so often, but we never felt the slightest bit of aprehension about our safety there. The pool there was AWESOME on a 100F or so day! See pictures below. the first is the pool at Great Bend and the second is the town park in Grangeville ID.
Looks fun. Even showing off the biker tan.