Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Riding after the Big Snip

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Riding after the Big Snip

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 09:32 AM
jwible
Draught

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mine didn't hurt. One day with an icepack and I was back to normal. The no scalpel thing is a crock. The Vas are getting cut one way or the other and the doc still has to get to them.
Old 02-16-11, 10:29 AM
eippo1
I like beans

Bikes: Tarmac Pro, Bianchi Zurigo, Raleigh Gran Sport, Fuji Del Rey, Ironman Centurion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pallen
This was not the most painful thing I've endured. I think for many people its just the mental thing about WHERE the pain is. The rather minor crash on my bike last summer that left me with a bruised or broken rib was a worse recovery.
True, toss up for most pain for me would either be my sinus surgery or my shattered collarbone. 1st one killed because it was in my head! Collarbone taught me what crepitus is and that it is exceedingly painfu. l
Old 02-16-11, 11:18 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Liked 3,111 Times in 1,418 Posts
I've had much worse days in the dentist's chair.
Old 03-07-11, 10:43 AM
zerotopanmass

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just closing the loop on this one, thank god...

I'm back to normal now. It seems like it varies wildly from person to person, but for me I was pretty much back in the saddle at the 2 week mark. For anyone who cares for more details ( although I totally understand why you wouldn't! ) I just put a new post on my blog about my vasectomy adventure here: https://zerotopanmass.wordpress.com/

Last edited by zerotopanmass; 03-07-11 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spacing