Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Some LBSes need to die out

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Some LBSes need to die out

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-20, 01:16 PM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
So my friend went back to the bike shop - they happily set his saddle up for him and tweaked his bars. Then they gave him a story about how they werent allowed to do bike fits yet because of state law. And yet they did do exactly what they should have done when they sold him the bike. Go figure.

But atleast they were very nice/friendly/helpful, so my friend is willing to give them a pass. He did a ride after and actually enjoyed it this time around - no knee pains.

On a different note - he asked me about spares/tools and i started to realize exactly how far down the rabbit hole most of us are! Many of us are probably wearing close to the cost of an entry-level bike when we kit up, let alone all the different spares and parts we have lying around. It was an interesting experience approaching cycling essentials from the POV of a casual rider who just wants to try the sport and ride a little bit in sneakers.
Likes For guadzilla:
Old 04-26-20, 01:36 PM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 448 Posts
Glad to see it ended up well. Weird excuse as to why they didn't do a fit at first, but anyways.
Likes For eduskator: