Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Wheel question.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Wheel question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-18, 10:22 AM
alarsen77

Bikes: 2017 Cannondale CAAD Optimo Disc 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by f4rrest
There was a thread recently about trying shoes in person, then buying online. It's generally considered not cool. At least give the LBS a chance to price match.

I agree with your logic regarding SPD-SL.
I should have worded that differently. I would definitely give the lbs a chance toatch the price and would most likely just buy from them. It's either the lbs or REI. I wouldn't buy from anywhere else for something like that.
Old 06-16-18, 02:29 PM
alarsen77

Bikes: 2017 Cannondale CAAD Optimo Disc 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well a bit of an update. I have decided to go with shoes and pedals. I am going to wait until after my birthday later this week to see what I get there. I am going to head down to the LBS and take a look at the shoes and pedals they have. They seem to only keep Bontrager shoes in stock but can order a bunch of others. I also noticed that the Shimano 105 pedals I was looking at (as they would match the rest of the 105 on the bike) are $159.99 there, which is quite a bit higher than most other places. I don't mind the extra cost as much though because our LBS does do a lot of local charity donations and gives a lot back to the community. But does that seem way too expensive for the 105 pedals even with that taken into account? I understand a LBS is not going to be in line with online prices and I am ok with that because I am supporting local business and they do a lot for the community but it seems those particular pedals are available many places for a lot closer to $100 and even less. I am not trying to start a war with supporting LBS or not. I am just curious what your opinions are on this particular item and price. I also have to try on some shoes to see what fits but I don't know how much I will be able to try on at the LBS. I also know I have fairly wide feet. My dress shoes are a 10 EEE