Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

How important is 47th place?

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

How important is 47th place?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-14, 04:43 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Liked 182 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by rideaz
There's not many on this forum.
I came to cycling from Triathlon (where the male-female participation rate seems more equal) and was really surprised how few women race or even do group rides here in AZ. I guess it's about the same nationwide?
Around here it's about that. If a weekend race gets 40 women the promoter will be psyched. Under 20 is a smaller field. 300 men and that's "a good weekend", 200 men would be "what happened?!".
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Old 03-09-14, 08:58 AM
Gramercy

Bikes: Trek 1.2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This topic is very appropriate as I came in 46th out of 75 in a Crit yesterday. And I'm proud of how I did. Bike racing is hard.