Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-24, 09:54 AM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Liked 727 Times in 486 Posts
New Carbon Wheels for My mostly daily rider '09 Tarmac

SuperTeam Classic 50mm CF Wheels on '09 Tarmac
My HED Kermesse wheels on this bike have been absolutely Great ! But they're now approaching 70,000 miles of service and the last 28K miles on their second set of wheel bearings. Only one spoke break in all this time/miles. Repaired by my good friend John Jones (RIP ) and still true as an arrow after 20K miles of use.
I wasn't planing to get CF wheels for any of my rim brake bikes, but now having a New Disc Tarmac, and loving the CF wheels I have on it, I decide to go 'budget' on the new set on this bike.
Superteam Classic 50mm, w/rim tape , 2 spare spokes, and valve extenders (which I'm not needing) - out the door and in my Hands for $350.
"Can't be much of a wheelset..."
1st Ride - yesterday evening, and boy, do I like them! At 1600+ g , they weight just about same as the HED Kermesse. And riding up to about 16-17 mph, they feel very much the same.
But at 19+ mph, they feel 'Lighter', easier to get to speed and maintain that speed! At 23-24 they feel much 'faster', And on downhills they certainly coast faster.
I really wasn't expecting to feel that much difference due to 'Aero', but there it was....
Hope they hold up well, not expecting 80K miles, but if that happens , WOO HOO !
Ride On
Yuri

Last edited by cyclezen; 06-20-24 at 10:01 AM.
Likes For cyclezen:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.