Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Birdy thread

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Birdy thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-24, 07:35 AM
JRat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cogarch
I have a first-generation monocoque-frame Birdy (with a Rohloff hub) that doesn't have the screw-holes on the front dropout later provided to mount a low-rider rack. I wonder if anyone has successfully mounted front panniers on this model? If so how did you manage it?
Would P-clips such as these solve your problem https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m5b0s215...TORTEC-P-Clips ?
Likes For JRat:
Old 06-05-24, 05:53 AM
john m flores 
Rider. Wanderer. Creator.

Bikes: Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Cinelli Hobootleg, Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked 889 Times in 417 Posts
Originally Posted by Schwinnsta
The long dimension 63.00 mm. Depth of flange ring support 11.11 MM. This is off my Zizzo with H&H for Birdy 3. I don't know what is in the pics with the squares. I don't have that. I had to shim a little bit due to slight diameter difference. I would think that the flanges could be rotated and the piece that holds the block could be rotated.,

Off topic but what pig nose adapter is that on your Zizzo? I have the Zizzo branded version on my Liberté and it has only 1 attachment point at the bottom of the head tube, limiting me to about 5# carrying limit. How much can you carry? Thanks.

Back to Birdy talk - I've always admired the look and engineering of those bikes and would love to try one someday...
Insta: JohnMichaelFlores | TikTok: @johnnymotoflores
Old 06-05-24, 06:13 AM
Schwinnsta
Schwinnasaur

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 132 Posts
Originally Posted by john m flores
Off topic but what pig nose adapter is that on your Zizzo? I have the Zizzo branded version on my Liberté and it has only 1 attachment point at the bottom of the head tube, limiting me to about 5# carrying limit. How much can you carry? Thanks.

Back to Birdy talk - I've always admired the look and engineering of those bikes and would love to try one someday...
Its H&H. It says it on there in the picture, but it is small. I believe it would fail by the two small screws in the upper flange pulling out or snapping. They say it is good for 8Kg. I have likely overloaded mine a time or two.

You could mount your Zizzo at the top of the head tube. I think that would be better. Not sure why Zizzo shows it mounted below. If you were going to make a funky one legged support, you might as well take advantage of the fact it has only one leg.
Likes For Schwinnsta: