Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

**Report issues with the June 21, 2016 BF software migration here**

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

**Report issues with the June 21, 2016 BF software migration here**

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-17, 04:25 PM
NoPhart

Bikes: As my watts decline, I’m amping up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Whoa, is there no Autosave/Restore Autosaved Content anymore?? I just typed a lengthy post, then my thumb accidentally hit the back button on the side of my mouse. I hit Forward on the browser and it was all gone. Sometimes my typed post will be there, but otherwise there's usually a "restore autosaved content" function. If that function is gone or turned off, that's really disappointing.
I have this issue on several forums, to the point that I sometimes copy and paste to Word while writing or just write post in Word, then copy and post to forums. I have no idea what key I hit to lose it all or if it is some kind of timeout or what? Very frustrating after giving something serious effort, thought and creativity...

IBobi - Just wanted to let you know that I took up the suggestions here to upgrade my outdated Vista to the lowest level OS that MS still supports, Windows 7 and my dark background issues went away.
Old 03-20-17, 04:26 PM
ibtyen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This option is available if you change your editor option to ckeditor. This can be changed under User CP > Edit Options.

Originally Posted by NoPhart
I have this issue on several forums, to the point that I sometimes copy and paste to Word while writing or just write post in Word, then copy and post to forums. I have no idea what key I hit to lose it all or if it is some kind of timeout or what? Very frustrating after giving something serious effort, thought and creativity...

IBobi - Just wanted to let you know that I took up the suggestions here to upgrade my outdated Vista to the lowest level OS the MS still supports, Windows 7 and my dark background issues went away.
Old 03-20-17, 04:29 PM
IBobi
***RETIRED*** Do Not Contact

Bikes: 2010 Gary Fisher Marlin Disc

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NoPhart

IBobi - Just wanted to let you know that I took up the suggestions here to upgrade my outdated Vista to the lowest level OS that MS still supports, Windows 7 and my dark background issues went away.

Originally Posted by smontanaro
Sorry it took awhile to get around to this. I can't do screen captures on my work computer, and I've been out of commission after a crash. Here's a snapshot taken just now on my Mac. It's from the tail end of page 1596 of this thread:

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...t-ii-1596.html

I just posted something to that thread which became the first message on page 1597. It appeared just fine, though the images came from an eBay auction. The best I can tell, this broken image phenomenon only occurs for me with Craigslist images.
I can see the CL images fine!
Old 03-20-17, 10:43 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Vista was a training run for 7 anyway and it's around 11 years old (five less than XP). The highest version of Internet Explorer for that was 9? If you even try to use the internet much in Windows 7 using it's base of IE 8 it's like losing a leg or something, totally stone age.

For now, 7 will do. I doubt your computer will run 8.1 because of hardware/firmware requirements but even if it could I still recall having to give up on a 1.5 GHz HP Pavilion simply because it could no longer meet the latest requirements of You Tube at that time.

I still in no way, shape form or tacit implication recommend Windows 10. I'd rather be beamed up by aliens and have cow DNA implanted.
Old 03-26-17, 12:52 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

SOMEDAY I hope that all men will be brothers and equals but also that pictures will show as images and not as links regardless of your browser, without logging out.

And I'll buy you all a Coke
Old 04-13-17, 01:50 PM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1445 Post(s)
Liked 1,395 Times in 762 Posts
Originally Posted by smontanaro
The best I can tell, this broken image phenomenon only occurs for me with Craigslist images.
I figured this out. I routinely use Chrome and have the latest version installed (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Chrome 57.0.2987.133). I have a few other browsers laying about as well. I tried the following three: Firefox (52.0.2), Pale Moon (27.2.1), and Chromium (57.0.2987.98). I just visited this URL

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...l#post19509134

from all three and encountered no problem (both logged in and not). The fact that the Chrome and Chromium versions are so similar suggested that one of the extensions installed in Chrome was the culprit. Sure enough, disabling EFF's Privacy Badger for bikeforums.net solved the problem. Turn Privacy Badger back on and reload, and the CL images are all broken again. Skimming the list of disabled sites turned up images.craigslist.org. Whitelisting just that one site also solved the problem.

I assume EFF has good reasons for blocking images.craigslist.org, but I will report the problem to them.
Old 04-16-17, 08:22 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Excellent work, detective