Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.
View Poll Results: ...
a
100.00%
b
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?" Part II

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-15, 08:06 AM
velofinds

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Low to high $:

xsmall 48cm Schwinn Tempo roadbike lite columbus/cinelli/restored

Woodrup Giro Touring Road Bicycle Reynolds Campagnolo Cinelli | eBay

TOM Crowther 49 CM Road Bike | eBay

1986 Cinelli Super Corsa Nuovo Record Clement | eBay

French Randonneur Marcel Dejouannet w Mafac Campagnolo Stronglight Rene Herse | eBay
Old 10-06-15, 08:24 AM
SloButWide 
Heck on Wheels

Bikes: In Signature

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sure, Penneys sold a million of these. This one's rare because it's a Penn speed. I was surprised to find that's not a typo.

Rare Pennys Penn Speed 26 Inch Bicycle Bike Road Touring Frame 1970

Bikes so far: 2011 Felt Z85, 80's Raleigh Sovereign (USA), 91 Bianchi Peregrine, 91 Austro-Daimler Pathfinder, 90's Trek 730 Multitrack, STOLEN: 80 Schwinn Voyageur (Japan)

Old 10-06-15, 08:54 AM
velofinds

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Classic Motobecane Grand Record, 531, Nervex, Campagnolo
Old 10-06-15, 09:46 AM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 283 Posts
Originally Posted by MauriceMoss
Hey @crank_addict - I haven't contacted the seller. I thought this looked cute too but I don't have any kids or nieces/nephews of the right age, so I thought someone here might be interested. I could facilitate if you're interested, although I won't have time to go check it out before Saturday. I'll text the guy and see what he's asking.
Thank you kindly but I'll save both of us the time. Seller text me back with the price of $1500!

What the heck is it with some thinking on values of kiddy bikes? The bike boneyard in N. IL. has both a Fuji Jr. and a tiny JC Penney racer w/ 20" wheel rotting and left outside. Goofy guy, and when asked how much, replies with insults and just decided not to sell. I'm probably one of the very few who even expressed interest in the rusty bikes. Strange.
Old 10-06-15, 10:51 AM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 1,869 Times in 1,065 Posts
[h=2]https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bik/5254775362.html

74 Colin Laing 10 speed - $650 (Hopkinton)
[/h]

condition: vintage
74 Colin Laing custom bicycle, seat tube 22", top tube 21", down tube 24", tight rear triangle.
Reynolds 531 throughout.
Built by renouned frame builder Colin Laing in England before his move to Arizona.
Mostly Campagnolo Record components incl crankset and chainrings, brakes, shifters, headset, seat post.
Campy super record pedals.
A set of my old training wheels are on the bike. Campy skewers (I believe). 10 speed setup.
TTT titanium bottom bracket axle

I built the bike in 1974 for mainly criterium races. Fork is angled more like a road bike, allowing use for longer roadraces and training. Tubular tires. I had other bikes for riding around town and training in the rain. Brakes are set up for a crit, so rear cluster can be shifted right hand and rear brake squeezed left hand. Rear brake under stays because....cool and lower moment when turning. Saved me 0.00000002 miliseconds in a 10 mile race!

Bike is ridable. Never crashed.

Feel free to ask for specific measurements or pictures or to come evaluate it. It has spent most of its life hanging in my basement.

Asking $650.

***Leave a Telephone Number. I'm not responding to gmail phishers I still have it***
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5254775362
posted: about 2 hours ago
Old 10-06-15, 11:00 AM
Rocket-Sauce 
Port

Bikes: 2022 Soma Fog Cutter, 2021 Calfee Draqonfly 44, 1984 Peter Mooney, 2017 Soma Stanyan, 1990 Fuji Ace, 1990 Bridgestone RB-1, 1995 Independent Fabrications Track, 2003 Calfee Dragonfly Pro

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 1,869 Times in 1,065 Posts
Bianchi Road Bike Columbus db **Completly Overhauled** (53cm)21" Frame

[h=2]Bianchi Road Bike Columbus db **Completly Overhauled** (53cm)21" Frame - $450(Weymouth/BraintreeT station)[/h]

I am a bike mechanic and I just finished overhauling this Bianchi Stelvio. This bike needs absolutely nothing except a rider. The bike is in excellent like new mechanical condition and had very low miles to begin with. The bike was completely disassembled, the frame and fork were cleaned, polished and waxed. I cleaned, polished and lubed all the components, greased all bearings and then re-assembled. The headset, bottom bracket and hubs all have mint bearings and races. I replaced all cables, housings and Bar tape.

The Bianchi Stelvio was hand made in Italy, it is a lugged and B embossed frame and fork made from Columbus double butted chromoly tubing. This is very, very light frame set and the bike is super fast. I do not know the official color name, but I would say it is a high gloss dark grey with metallic silver flake with silver decals. For components it has Campagnolo front and rear derailieurs and shifters, Modelo brakes and levers, Mavic wheels, 3TTT bar, stem and seatpost, Selle Italia saddle Bianchi labeled, I installed Cinelli gel bar tape.

This bike is from my personal collection but I have too many bikes and can not ride them all. You will not be disappointed just a great Italian bike.

Frame is a size 53cm or 21" c-top. This would be a good fit for a rider that is approx. 5'5" to 5'10"

If interested please call Bill at ...781-812-2592....$450 cash only....I will meet at the BraintreeT station if coming from the city.
Old 10-06-15, 11:04 AM
johnplf

Bikes: '91 Bridgestone RB-T, 99' Voodoo Bizango

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
I've run into this kind before. Just want to show off their junk, not actually get rid of anything.
Originally Posted by crank_addict
Thank you kindly but I'll save both of us the time. Seller text me back with the price of $1500!

What the heck is it with some thinking on values of kiddy bikes? The bike boneyard in N. IL. has both a Fuji Jr. and a tiny JC Penney racer w/ 20" wheel rotting and left outside. Goofy guy, and when asked how much, replies with insults and just decided not to sell. I'm probably one of the very few who even expressed interest in the rusty bikes. Strange.
Old 10-06-15, 12:30 PM
SloButWide 
Heck on Wheels

Bikes: In Signature

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
[h=2]Not sure about that price, but it's a gorgeous bike. Here

Vintage 1985 Raleigh Kodiak Heavy Duty Touring Bike - $750 (Clintonville)[/h]

Bikes so far: 2011 Felt Z85, 80's Raleigh Sovereign (USA), 91 Bianchi Peregrine, 91 Austro-Daimler Pathfinder, 90's Trek 730 Multitrack, STOLEN: 80 Schwinn Voyageur (Japan)

Old 10-06-15, 12:50 PM
camelopardalis

Bikes: Some

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
What do you guys think of this bike? Sounds like a lot of bike for the money.

MASI GRAN CRITERIUM ROAD, RACE, TRIATHLON BIKE - CAMPAGNOLO RECORD!!

masi gran criterium road, race, triathlon bike - campagnolo record!! - $1150 (san juan capistrano)

masi gran criterium road, race, triathlon bike - faliero masi - campagnolo record components!! Includes size 11 axo bike shoes!

This masi signature bicycle is in amazing, beautiful condition...original paint!! Shiny bright, looks like new!

Lightly riden - it has always been stored inside!

One of the most famous and sought after bicycle brands!

Measures 22.5" from center of crank to top of seatpost - owner is 5' 11". Will fit shorter riders also...

Faliero masi cursive signature
campagnolo record derailers
campagnolo brakes
companello stem
cinelli handlebars
look carbon clip on pedals
size 11 axo bike shoes (free with purchase if they work for you)
700 rims & tires (tires in excellent condition)
16 speed

this bike is in unbelievable condition...clean and beautiful!!

$1150 san juan capistrano
Old 10-06-15, 01:05 PM
Kactus

Bikes: 1962 Schwinn Paramount P12, 1971 Schwinn Paramount P13-9

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by camelopardalis
WHY haven't you purchased it yet??? If I lived anywhere near, it would be in my garage by now.
Old 10-06-15, 01:08 PM
camelopardalis

Bikes: Some

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thank you for the reply, Kaktus. I spoke with the seller and he said that the bike weighs 24.5 pounds. Isn't that very heavy for a nice bike? I have 2 other steel bikes, a Colnago Master Light and a Bianchi. Both weigh in the 20 pound range.

Last edited by camelopardalis; 10-06-15 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-06-15, 01:31 PM
MauriceMoss

Bikes: None in ridable condition

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 192 Posts
Originally Posted by crank_addict
That is insane. I texted the guy yesterday for his asking price and he responded with "Hi, yeah I'm asking a lot but I'm willing to go down on price. Can u give me a ball park of what you might want to spend ."

It's annoying enough when sellers don't list the asking price in the ad, but then to not give the price when you specifically ask for it is doubly annoying.

I was sorely tempted to reply with "Hi, I'm offering little but I'm willing to negotiate. Can you give me a ball park of what you might want to ask?"

I had a hunch the guy might be asking too much since in the ad he mentions how rare this bike is. I just didn't even imagine he'd be asking $1500!
Old 10-06-15, 01:46 PM
Kactus

Bikes: 1962 Schwinn Paramount P12, 1971 Schwinn Paramount P13-9

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Thank you for the reply, Kaktus. I spoke with the seller and he said that the bike weighs 24.5 pounds. Isn't that very heavy for a nice bike? I have 2 other steel bikes, a Colnago Master Light and a Bianchi. Both weigh in the 20 pound range.
Without knowing what scale (bath scale?) he used, it's hard to say how accurate 24.5 lbs is. Campy Delta brakes aren't the lightest and not sure how much some of the other components weigh, but I think it probably weighs a little less than that.
Old 10-06-15, 01:53 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 283 Posts
Originally Posted by MauriceMoss
That is insane. I texted the guy yesterday for his asking price and he responded with "Hi, yeah I'm asking a lot but I'm willing to go down on price. Can u give me a ball park of what you might want to spend ."

It's annoying enough when sellers don't list the asking price in the ad, but then to not give the price when you specifically ask for it is doubly annoying.

I was sorely tempted to reply with "Hi, I'm offering little but I'm willing to negotiate. Can you give me a ball park of what you might want to ask?"

I had a hunch the guy might be asking too much since in the ad he mentions how rare this bike is. I just didn't even imagine he'd be asking $1500!
That's OK. This simply might be a matter of one learning its a so and so, blah blah x of x, etc. and throw a number out there to see what happens. I now have a little back and forth comm with the seller and further let him know where I'm at. I don't mind me sharing and offered a Benjamin. In that regards, I don't think he's insane and is just feeling it out.

Now the other guy in N.IL is borderline nutty or has loose screws. No matter who he talks to, every other word out of him is 'effen'. Oddest place of bikes I've ever seen. Tells me he has thousands. Many are rotting and UV damaged from sitting outside. I would've gladly liked to rescue a few bikes there, none of which have any significant value. Gaspipe level. Have to add, its well worth visiting for the entertainment value.
Old 10-06-15, 01:56 PM
icepick_trotsky 
Aspiring curmudgeon

Bikes: Guerciotti, Serotta, Gaulzetti

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
Seems too heavy for that frame with those components. Seller's scale might be wrong. Great price, and I wouldn't expect it to last.
Old 10-06-15, 06:16 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by SloButWide
Not sure about that price, but it's a gorgeous bike. Here

Vintage 1985 Raleigh Kodiak Heavy Duty Touring Bike - $750 (Clintonville)

Seems greatly overpriced. There's a tall one for sale here for half that much.
Old 10-06-15, 07:35 PM
velofinds

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kactus
Without knowing what scale (bath scale?) he used, it's hard to say how accurate 24.5 lbs is. Campy Delta brakes aren't the lightest and not sure how much some of the other components weigh, but I think it probably weighs a little less than that.
I was also told that C Record stuff is heavy. So there you have it.
Old 10-06-15, 07:36 PM
velofinds

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Teeny tiny photo and no information on the components, but I smell low-end:

Bottecchia Campione del Mondo 1980s

Still, Columbus SL is nothing to sniff at, and Bottecchia blue is gorgeous.
Old 10-06-15, 07:46 PM
satbuilder 

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 103 Posts

MASI GRAN CRITERIUM ROAD, RACE, TRIATHLON BIKE - CAMPAGNOLO RECORD!!

masi gran criterium road, race, triathlon bike - campagnolo record!! - $1150 (san juan capistrano)

masi gran criterium road, race, triathlon bike - faliero masi - campagnolo record components!! Includes size 11 axo bike shoes!

This masi signature bicycle is in amazing, beautiful condition...original paint!! Shiny bright, looks like new!

Lightly riden - it has always been stored inside!

One of the most famous and sought after bicycle brands!

Measures 22.5" from center of crank to top of seatpost - owner is 5' 11". Will fit shorter riders also...

Faliero masi cursive signature
campagnolo record derailers
campagnolo brakes
companello stem
cinelli handlebars
look carbon clip on pedals
size 11 axo bike shoes (free with purchase if they work for you)
700 rims & tires (tires in excellent condition)
16 speed

this bike is in unbelievable condition...clean and beautiful!!

$1150 san juan capistrano

That's a real nice bike at a real nice price.
Old 10-06-15, 07:49 PM
ChicAgo steel

Bikes: '72 Schwinn Model 834 Opaque Blue

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
[h=2]vintage road bike - $140 (gilbert)[/h]Centurion Comp TA Road Bike

[h=2][/h]
Old 10-06-15, 08:05 PM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 2,255 Times in 1,311 Posts
Cool bike but in the middle of nowhere.

[h=2]Schwinn Cimarron Bike - $175 (Three Lakes, WI)[/h]Schwinn Cimarron Bike

Schwinn Cimarron Bike in excellent condition. Used very little over the years, but always kept tuned up and in ready shape. Vintage bike...valued by collectors. If interested call
Old 10-07-15, 08:16 AM
velofinds

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Low to high $, at least as of this writing (bidding is already quite hot on the Mapei):

Vintage Olmo Professionisti Italian Road Bike 52cm Campagnolo Corsa Record | eBay

Vintage Eddy Merckx Century Road Bike Frameset 57cm 700c Belgian Reynolds 653 | eBay

Vintage Colnago Mapei Road Bike Dura Ace 9 SP 7700 53cm | eBay

One of the nicest Le Champs I've seen in awhile (with a price to match):

Vintage 1973 Motobecane Le Champion, Campagnolo, 3T
Old 10-07-15, 09:06 AM
seypat

Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
May not be there now, but if so deal of the day!

[h=2]Miyata Road Bike - $75 (Mt. Lebanon)[/h]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

10 speed road bike with sew up tires. Double butted Columbus frame. Good condition. 23" frame.
post id: 5252624501
posted: 3 days ago
email to friend
♥ best of [SUP][?][/SUP]
Old 10-07-15, 09:38 AM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by Clang
Cool bike but in the middle of nowhere.

Schwinn Cimarron Bike - $175 (Three Lakes, WI)

Schwinn Cimarron Bike

Schwinn Cimarron Bike in excellent condition. Used very little over the years, but always kept tuned up and in ready shape. Vintage bike...valued by collectors. If interested call
Same size as mine and appears to be original plus accessories. Worth the drive for that price.
Old 10-07-15, 10:43 AM
johnplf

Bikes: '91 Bridgestone RB-T, 99' Voodoo Bizango

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
These are cool bikes. I had one in this size and year for a while. Bought it for $60!
Originally Posted by thumpism
Same size as mine and appears to be original plus accessories. Worth the drive for that price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.