Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Who are you? Where do you ride?

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Who are you? Where do you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-17, 10:50 AM
BluFalconActual

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 33 Posts
Hi everyone. My name is Kevin and Im stationed in 29 Palms for the next few years. I just got my Felt z85 out of storage from being stationed in Japan for 3 years and am finally getting back into riding.
Old 05-18-17, 09:52 PM
Puma297

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been a member here for 11 years and still no introduction. Wow.

Felt Z4 is my current ride. You can find me all over San Diego. Hope to ride with you guys some time.
Old 06-21-17, 05:33 PM
gfcornejo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sup! I ride a 2015 Ducati Monster 821 in Costa Mesa, CA. Soon moving to LA. I used to ride Harleys and my first bike was a Kawasaki Ninja.

My buddy and I recently started a motorcycle sharing company named Riders Share. We make motorcycle rentals a lot more affordable, and we help riders make money. Here to answer questions that may pop up about it!
Old 08-13-17, 08:16 PM
Road2Fun

Bikes: Trek Emonda S5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello I'm Albert from Whittier just started road biking. I've been riding from the SGRT to Seal beach/Hunington pier or the opposite way from SGRT to LBC to the LART and connect it to Rio Hondo bike path. Having a blast and enjoying the sport, next I got to do some GMR to Baldy Village! See you on the Road 2 Fun.

Last edited by Road2Fun; 08-13-17 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-21-17, 08:07 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 924 Times in 541 Posts
I just noticed this thread so... why not.

90% of the time I ride with Mrs. TakingMyTime. Our usual starting off point is on the SGRT near El Dorado Park. Depending on our mood, we'll ride the SGRT South to PCH in Seal Beach and then go to either Bolsa Chica, Huntington Cliffs (Seapoint) or the Huntington Pier and back. Strictly riding for fitness and companionship.
Old 11-18-17, 01:42 PM
JustinNori

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to this forum and my first post. I started cycling recently back in July when my wife and I decided to sell one of our cars and become a single car family. My current ride is a Trek Domane AL3. I reside in the South Torrance/Walteria area. My main rides are up the coast to Venice Beach and occasionally up through Palos Verdes. I also commute to work by bike Mon-Fri and depending on which office I have to go to it’s either 3 or 15 miles round trip.
Old 11-20-17, 03:48 PM
chevrolegs

Bikes: Santa Cruz Bronson, Look 464

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all, my name is Steven from Orange County. If you see me riding the SART on a Look 464 or Aliso Woods on a Bronson say hello!
Old 01-27-18, 09:43 PM
BANNERMKR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie from San Bernardino

I have posted in a couple of threads. It's my dream to do a century. I never could get a bike before, so I went to a bike shop almost drooling. LOL I tried a Cannondale and due to cerebral palsy I just couldn't get it. I was about to completely give up my dream of riding a century when the guy suggested a Giant Sedona DX bike. I was actually able to ride it without falling over. So I put in an order for one. Now I'm looking around and everyone has these high end bikes. Maybe my dream is just that a dream.

I'm planning or hiring a coach maybe that might help. Maybe someday I can ride a real bike like the big boys. I'm trying. I am an ultra runner the farthest I have ran has been 62 miles. The guys at the bike shop stated it was possible for me to ride a century on the Giant. I guess I'm discouraged a little bit. I really seriously want to do this.

Hope I am not being too whiny, I'm going to see about joining a biking club too maybe that will help. Encouragement appreciated.
Old 01-28-18, 12:28 PM
TakingMyTime

Bannermkr,

You can do a century on almost anything and don't let anyone tell you any different. You might not come in first place, but you can do it. Start slow and work on the miles according to ability. Then just keep adding miles.
Old 03-09-18, 06:37 PM
mhensley1

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR 2016

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, I am Michelle and live in Orange County, 54 years old. I am an avid cyclist but Feb 9th, 2018, 4 weeks ago today, I was hit by a distracted driver while making a left turn after finishing my ride of 44 miles from the back and went under the car, I should have died but by God's grace, survived. It is very scary and almost lost my life but these forums, FB cyclist friends are so encouraging to get back on when I am recovered. I will follow the stories and the thread to remain encouraged and today I went out to look for my new bike. I am not sure how to add pictures here. But hi! I love hills, love long rides, love growing in cycling and I have always appreciated the wisdom of a long time and advanced riders. I would be considered an intermediate cyclist and ride with advanced but once in a while I would lag behind and I would never care!.
Old 03-09-18, 07:17 PM
ZippyThePinhead
Slacker

Bikes: 1986 Peugeot Orient Express, 1987 Trek 560 Pro, 1983 SR Semi Pro, 2010 Motobecane Le Champion Titanium, 2011 Trek Fuel EX8

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Welcome to BF, mhensley1!
Old 05-09-18, 06:10 AM
Silvia S14

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Am Josh! i enjoy riding the SART. looking for people that are willing to ride! i ride a single speed at a fun casual pace!
Old 08-19-18, 10:59 AM
madxplr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to this forum. Been riding on and off, but trying to stay and ride regularly. I ride a Felt AR3. Usual route is Newport back bay and Santa ana river bed.
Old 08-19-18, 02:21 PM
madxplr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
never mind looks like thread is died.
Old 08-21-18, 05:07 PM
Chef Joe

Bikes: Trek Fx Sport 6

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just getting back into riding. Live in La Palma and riding to Whittier a few times a week for work. Not too familiar with the trails around me yet but im starting to explore.
Old 11-10-18, 10:45 PM
percy kittens

Bikes: 2014 Surly Straggler (Loretta Martin)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Percy in Ventucky

Hey all,

Percy here, formerly of the PNW. After a year in the Netherlands and a month across EU with Ms. Loretta (that's me bike) I have landed in Ventarky in what the kids call ''The 805''.. In between looking for work and rapid swings between anxiety to carelessness about my future I take Ms. Loretta up on her offer to go carousing. Today we went to Santa Paula in search of historic Victorian homes plus any good reason to have an over priced cold one from the Arco station. I came home feeling like a shaken baby from Santa Paula's subterranean road conditions (what in gods name??), but a nice day spin was had by all. And that's all that matters, aight? Coming home nice and tired with dirt on yr legs and ravenous for food.

I'm interested in rides of all shapes and sizes. If you like it it's gotta be good. I have a truck so can depart from wherever. Love mountain scenes, prefer sealed roads; coastal rides are gorgoues but days off from the wind are nice too. Not real fast but like a steady clip, really just 10-12 mph for a 3-4 hours, stop every now and again for calorie uptake and of course beer (and triple espressos).

DEFEINITELY in search of advocacy groups and civic/civil gatherings. Keeping cyclist-motorist relations on the forefront is key to our one day bein able to share the road.

Enough about me.

Let's ride!

percykittens1@gmail.com
https://amsterbloggen.blogspot.com
Old 11-10-18, 10:49 PM
percy kittens

Bikes: 2014 Surly Straggler (Loretta Martin)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madxplr
never mind looks like thread is died.
Newp.
Old 11-11-18, 10:47 AM
mackgoo

Bikes: 87 Bianchi X4, 95 Bianchi Ti Mega Tube, 06 Alan Carbon Cross X33, Gold plated Columbus AIR Guerciotti, 74 Galmozzi Super Competizione, 52 Bianchi Paris Roubaix.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 540 Times in 166 Posts
My name is Bruce, I'm a Campyholic. I live in San Clemente and do most of my riding down here. I have a few rides. Here they are.

The general work horse.

The relive my roots bike.

The "winter" bike.

Couldn't pass it up. I'll build it up soon.

The grocery getter.

Old 11-23-18, 09:41 PM
alyske

Bikes: Nirve Beach Cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello! My name is Aly, and I live in OC. I have been riding since I was 4. I own four bikes, but the one I mostly ride is my Nirve 26 inch Women's beach cruiser (see profile for picture). As I see here, a lot of people ride in competitions and in groups. I ride on trails and around the Yorba Linda, Anaheim and Brea area. I don't ride for a club or anything like that, I ride for the love of bikes and the love of riding!
Old 04-18-19, 09:20 AM
jskita

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts
Ok so I guess this thread needs an occasional bump start

I'm John from the OC. I take the Metrolink and ride any place interesting that it goes. You can get off one stop and ride to another stop and never have to see the same route twice! I've been quite spoiled by this type of riding. On the weekends you can ride anywhere the trains go for $10 and if you have a monthly pass weekends are free.

Last edited by jskita; 04-19-19 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-27-19, 03:28 PM
alanalanbobalan

Bikes: Ridley Fenix, 1986 Trek 400

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Hi SoCal-ers (SoCal-ites?), I live in San Diego and mostly ride around Mt Soledad, Torrey Pines, or North County. Every so often I take a trek down to the Great Western Loop and take on Honey Springs.
Old 08-14-19, 10:07 AM
Russian88

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, my name Andrew im from Moscow. Usually i riding on weekends from seal beach to azusa and back complete distance around 75 miles. Is somebody can recomended me bike pathses with same distance closer to Hollywood or San Fernando Valley or in Oxnard ?
Old 08-16-19, 06:41 AM
TakingMyTime

Originally Posted by Russian88
Hi, my name Andrew I'm from Moscow. Usually i riding on weekends from seal beach to azusa and back complete distance around 75 miles. Is somebody can recommend me bike paths with same distance closer to Hollywood or San Fernando Valley or in Oxnard ?

Are you looking for paths from Seal Beach to those areas? I'm not exactly sure from your question where you plan on riding from and to.
Old 08-16-19, 08:01 AM
Russian88

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
Are you looking for paths from Seal Beach to those areas? I'm not exactly sure from your question where you plan on riding from and to.
I’m looking for a similar distance paths, which will be located closer to Hollywood and San Fernando Valley.
I tried “orange line bike path”, but there are a lot of traffic lights...
Old 10-16-19, 04:45 PM
greenpea

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I ride around santa fe dam area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.