Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Wicking Shirts?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Wicking Shirts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-16, 11:21 AM
Leebo

Bikes: Kona Dawg, Surly 1x1, Karate Monkey, Rockhopper, Crosscheck , Burley Runabout,

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 66 Posts
Any kind of outdoor store like REI would be a great start. Um, slim fit? Not for me either. I did pick up some ( wait for it) XXL slim fit Patagonia woo stuff. Fits me great for I need the longer sleeves and body.
Old 04-12-16, 07:12 PM
mtn.cyclist

Bikes: Litespeed Obed, Cannondale Scalpel, Spcialized AWOL, Litespeed Solano, Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I buy vented button front shorts from Ebay. Columbia and Patagonia have polyester shirts that are wicking, vented, and wrinkle proof. There are tons of fairly inexpensive shirts to choose from.
Old 04-13-16, 07:11 AM
badger_biker 

Bikes: 10 vintage touring machines

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Aidoneus
Well, if you're set, great! If you're still looking, you might take a look at this wicking, full-button, "dressy" shirt: Men's Urban Pedal Pushers Commuter Dress Shirt
This thread caught my eye since like the OP I will be doing some touring in Europe in a few weeks and was looking for something to double for riding and street wear use. These ATD products looked good and after a couple of emails with their very helpful customer service I ordered a large shirt and small shorts. The front and rear zip pockets on the shirt seemed like a handy feature for passport etc. I'm 5' 10" with a 32-33" waist and the sizes I ordered are the complete reverse for my usual cycling clothes so their sizing seems a bit odd. I'll post a follow up on their fit after I get them.

I have an older REI Sahara Tech shirt and can recommend it for biking with sleeves rolled up but they are a bit short when down and reaching out to the brake hoods. Perhaps a tall size is a better option or maybe the newer versions are cut different.