Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

What's for Lunch?

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

What's for Lunch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-14, 12:23 AM
wipekitty
vespertine member

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 163 Posts
No lunch for me. I've been on the one meal a day plan for the better part of 15 years, which started because I decided to stay in school and not make money. My partner was on the same plan when we met, and it's continued to work out for us. The benefit is that we get to have one really awesome meal each day - usually 2500-3000 calories a person - and I don't feel bad about spending a bit of time cooking things from scratch, baking bread, etc. since eating is the main event of the evening. If I go on a long ride, I'll supplement the calories with additional proteins.

The only times I eat lunch are for work events, when lunch is a social thing and somebody else is paying for it. I usually walk away feeling really hungry. Our eating plan also makes going out to eat and social dinners kind of challenging, since we tend to eat 2-3 times as much as normal people do at dinner.
Old 08-27-14, 02:06 PM
Booger1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
I don't eat lunch much......I have a big breakfast and small dinner.If I'm going to have a long day,I'll make a sandwich or bring leftovers and some fruit and/or veggies to snack on.

Last edited by Booger1; 08-27-14 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-30-14, 09:21 AM
katzenfinch

Bikes: Chapman Rando, Rivendell Atlantis, Trek 2100, Bridgestone MB5, Burley Duet, Trek 614

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
We have a small kitchen at work, so if I have leftovers I'll take those and reheat them in the microwave or oven. If not, I take a head of Romaine in a bag then supplement it with a fresh heirloom tomato and maybe a cucumber or pepper from the vegetable stand down the block and have a nice salad.