Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show me your cat

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show me your cat

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-14, 07:57 AM
Zieleman

Bikes: Enough for now

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Oh, and the two other stars of the show, Bala on the left and Tijger:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (44.2 KB, 84 views)
Old 01-06-14, 08:03 AM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 142 Posts
Maybe we should cut him back to half a cup...........

Old 01-06-14, 08:05 AM
Italuminium
Cisalpinist

Bikes: blue ones.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss Cartright
~ RIP LUCY, you little angel ~
all the best Hoss.
Old 01-06-14, 08:07 AM
rootboy 

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 78 Posts
Heh. That's a fairly fat kitty, Gomango. I was going to bring up the subject of feeding, but figured that might be too much for another forum. I am in the process of trying to figure out how to keep our girls healthy and, somehow, lessen their intake of dry food.
The one cat really loves her carbs, though. Once they're hooked on "kitty crack", it is difficult to wean them off of it.
Old 01-06-14, 08:23 AM
oddjob2
Still learning

Bikes: Still a garage full

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by rootboy
Heh. That's a fairly fat kitty, Gomango. I was going to bring up the subject of feeding, but figured that might be too much for another forum. I am in the process of trying to figure out how to keep our girls healthy and, somehow, lessen their intake of dry food.
The one cat really loves her carbs, though. Once they're hooked on "kitty crack", it is difficult to wean them off of it.
Hope the big cat doesn't sit on the iPad by mistake.
Old 01-06-14, 08:23 AM
gomango

Right after that pic was taken, Orbit the cat and Gomango himself were relegated to major portion control.

I am pleased to report Orbit is down six pounds to a healthier 18 pounds.

Gomango is down just under thirty pounds from the time of this pic.

Kitty has stabilized his weight, but I am going for 20 pounds additional in 2014.

Time to hit that treadmill.
Old 01-06-14, 08:25 AM
gomango

Originally Posted by oddjob2
Hope the big cat doesn't sit on the iPad by mistake.
Orbit is large enough to act like a bobcat when he is in a foul mood.

So, he tends to be given a lot of decision making power at times.

Sitting on the iPad is better than hunting the children.
Old 01-06-14, 08:30 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 2608 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 937 Posts

If you've got a fat kitty, check out the diet/light foods.

If you've got a really fat kitty and you've done the diet/light foods- you have to start measuring food and having meal times.

Our cats were ALWAYS free fed- they ate when and as much as they wanted. It was fine- then we got Daisy The Disgusting Blorb. She'd eat eat eat eat eat eat, barf. Eat eat eat eat eat eat, barf. Eat the barf. Eat eat eat eat eat, barf. We switched the light food, and she still ate like that. We ended up having to separate the cats at meal time, measure out their food and wait for them to eat, and pick up the food that was left over, otherwise Daisy The Awful Cat would eat everyone's leftovers.

Cats are usually so easy to care for, and still, feeding isn't that difficult. But Daisy The Cow-Sized Horrible Excuse For A Cat pretty much ruined the whole easy cat experience for us. She's still a monsterous, disgusting blorb cat with a foul attitude and a completely weird personality. But she's down around 5 pounds- but she hovers around 14 pounds despite our best efforts.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
Old 01-06-14, 08:32 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 205 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Show me your cat.
I would but my dog ate the cat, yea doggie power. Actually I have no use for a cat, they're completely useless, with a dog you can throw stuff and it goes and gets it and brings it back, play tug of war, go for walks, tell it to sit or shake or lie down or whatever and it does so...a cat? just does it's own thing when it feels like it and would never fitch stuff. I agree with the Asian culture, cats should be eaten and not raised as pets!
Old 01-06-14, 08:41 AM
gomango

Originally Posted by rekmeyata
I would but my dog ate the cat, yea doggie power. Actually I have no use for a cat, they're completely useless, with a dog you can throw stuff and it goes and gets it and brings it back, play tug of war, go for walks, tell it to sit or shake or lie down or whatever and it does so...a cat? just does it's own thing when it feels like it and would never fitch stuff. I agree with the Asian culture, cats should be eaten and not raised as pets!
Let's see, where's that block button.

Ah yes, there we go.

Back to regular programming.
Old 01-06-14, 08:53 AM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 258 Posts
I know a lot of you fellow BFers have a storehouse of bikes in your house, with many stored in your living room. Well, last January we got this giant cat condo tree for our babies. It is rare when there aren't a half-dozen or more sleeping on it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Ziffycat Condo 001.jpg (43.4 KB, 104 views)
Old 01-06-14, 09:08 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7359 Post(s)
Liked 2,495 Times in 1,448 Posts
It's fine. The fact that some people feel that way about cats is funny and makes me like cats more. I have no cat now {sniff**. Cancer ate our last cat. Illness took away one of our dogs, so now we have only one dog, and we're not ready to take on another family member. She does not fetch or do any tricks. She does not play. She stands or lies still and silent when she is not walking or running. I take her to the dog park, and she just stands there. When I grab the leash to leave, she jumps for joy, several times, high into the air.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 01-06-14, 09:13 AM
TampaRaleigh

Bikes: 1986 Raleigh Competition (Restored to Original), 1986 Cannonade SR400 (Updated to Dura Ace 7800)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It's fine. The fact that some people feel that way about cats is funny and makes me like cats more. I have no cat now {sniff**. Cancer ate our last cat. Illness took away one of our dogs, so now we have only one dog, and we're not ready to take on another family member. She does not fetch or do any tricks. She does not play. She stands or lies still and silent when she is not walking or running. I take her to the dog park, and she just stands there. When I grab the leash to leave, she jumps for joy, several times, high into the air.

Greys are greyt! I love mine (my second grey) and they are unusual dogs... very different personality from the average dog.
Old 01-06-14, 09:15 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

That's a lovely hound!

Our greyhound does pretty much the same- except when we go to the dog park, he's happy that he gets to pee and poop on everything.

And I refer to him as an 80 lb cat.

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
Old 01-06-14, 09:20 AM
TampaRaleigh

Bikes: 1986 Raleigh Competition (Restored to Original), 1986 Cannonade SR400 (Updated to Dura Ace 7800)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ash (AKA Mr Man.)

Old 01-06-14, 09:21 AM
rootboy 

I agree with the Asian culture, cats should be eaten and not raised as pets!
They eat more dogs than cats. At least, in China. They actually have large farms that raise dogs for food purposes. I've visited a couple of them.

Many of us appreciate cats for what they are. Not for what they can "do" for us. Or how we can "use" them.

Cats are endlessly fascinating creatures.

Last edited by rootboy; 01-06-14 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-06-14, 09:22 AM
rootboy 

Fantastic picture, TampaRaleigh.
Old 01-06-14, 09:23 AM
rootboy 

Originally Posted by Cougrrcj
I know a lot of you fellow BFers have a storehouse of bikes in your house, with many stored in your living room. Well, last January we got this giant cat condo tree for our babies. It is rare when there aren't a half-dozen or more sleeping on it.

You happen to need an additional condo? Our two rarely use it.
Old 01-06-14, 09:28 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Do you have to try to post like that, or does it come natural?

It's rude to begin with. It's even more rude in a 'post your cat' thread.

By the way, it's "fetch." With an "e." "Yea" spelling power.

And my little cat has fetched more things than my dog.

Last edited by The Golden Boy; 01-06-14 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-06-14, 09:35 AM
gomango

Agreed.

Loads of personality.
Old 01-06-14, 09:39 AM
TampaRaleigh

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gomango
Agreed.

Loads of personality.
Thanks! He's been a crazy one since the day I brought him home. I've FINALLY broken him of the habit of using my bike tires as a scratching post.

Old 01-06-14, 09:43 AM
UnfilteredDregs

Bikes: Salsa Ti Warbird- 2014/ November RAIL52s

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Would you care to explain why there are far more Asian recipes for the preparation of dogs? Facts, who'd uh thunk it!
Old 01-06-14, 09:44 AM
phoebeisis
New Orleans

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gomango
Maybe we should cut him back to half a cup...........

Hah hah-that train has left the station-my guess he is pushing 17-18 lbs?
We have one-Thor "Big Boy" who hit 20.5 lbs-my wife's "fault"-but he has been on a diet last 8 months-actually started at 19lbs-he is down to 16.5 lbs-dramatic improvement in "mood" bathroom habits(no idea why) looks and jumping ability. He still has a bit of a hitch in his walk-as if something was "damaged"
But cat on a diet-when the other 3 aren't- NO FUN! We crate him at night-and for feedings-so it makes it easier.
Old 01-06-14, 09:45 AM
UnfilteredDregs

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hoss Cartright

Born in a box on our porch on August 1st 1995. She lived 18 years and 5 months, and knew she was loved every single day of her life. ~ RIP LUCY, you little angel ~
Good on ya Hoss. Best wishes.
Old 01-06-14, 09:49 AM
UnfilteredDregs

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Diet wise... cats are obligate carnivores... So may foods have way too much grain- it contributes to feline obesity amongst other things...

If anyone is interested in really pursuing a more appropriate diet for them there is a dry kibble out there which is 90% protein. It is called Wysong Epigen 90. Excellent stuff.

I noticed quite the change in my animals when I switched over... more activity, healthier coats, better stool, etc.. This kibble combined with a good wet food once a day is a pretty optimal regimen. Wet food is key for hydration purposes... cats, on dry kibble only, tend to develop hydration related disorders, urinary tract problems, kidney issues, etc..

Last edited by UnfilteredDregs; 01-06-14 at 09:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.