Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Bikeinn

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-23, 08:08 PM
rgvg
Car free since 2018

Bikes: Mostly japanese ones

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 134 Posts
Old 12-28-23, 08:37 PM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3894 Post(s)
Liked 6,493 Times in 3,214 Posts
^ Wow! That YouTube guy has the most uncanny knack of wasting time I've ever seen or heard. How he can talk so much and say so little is really quite remarkable.
Old 12-28-23, 10:49 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4972 Post(s)
Liked 8,123 Times in 3,843 Posts
I ordered a Craft base layer on 12/4. The price was significantly better than usual, and I had time to wait. It was finally delivered today. I’ve bought from other EU vendors whose shipments route through NL, and they always seem to take a very long time.

Meanwhile, I ordered a pair of tires from Lordgun (Brescia, Italy) on a Friday. They were delivered on the following Tuesday. This has been a pretty typical experience for me from Lordgun.
Old 12-29-23, 12:03 AM
Piff 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 411 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
^ Wow! That YouTube guy has the most uncanny knack of wasting time I've ever seen or heard. How he can talk so much and say so little is really quite remarkable.
To be fair to Russ, most people who do YouTube as a job follow the same style of quantity over quality. The longer the videos, the more as revenue I think. I can't stand it either.
Old 12-29-23, 12:59 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10990 Post(s)
Liked 7,515 Times in 4,203 Posts
Riding isn't the only thing he does at a party pace.

Yeah, for me a lot of his reviews and videos are ffw'd past the filler.
Old 12-29-23, 05:50 AM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1956 Post(s)
Liked 3,662 Times in 1,680 Posts
I can only take so much of him but I like that he is into friction shifting and making a bike work for you. Kind of the "GREAT VALUE" Grant Peterson.
Likes For 52telecaster:
Old 12-29-23, 06:35 AM
Frkl
Must be symmetrical

Bikes: ... but look, they're all totally different!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 102 Posts
I suggest the 2x playback speed, with close captioning if necessary. Allows you to only waste half the time on youTube you otherwise would, plus exercise your speed reading skills
Old 12-29-23, 06:46 AM
Sedgemop 

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 1,214 Times in 651 Posts
I like his ride videos. Had a unique perspective with the pace, and included fishing and painting. Glad he's getting back to riding some now that they're in Spain. Don't care much for the product-based videos.
Old 12-29-23, 06:49 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4241 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
I ordered a saddle from them that I couldn't find anywhere else. Took 3-4 weeks, but I got the saddle I wanted. Took several months for my ass to get used to it, but it's one of the best saddles I've ever owned (for my ass), so I'm glad I took the time to get it from them.

Likes For himespau:
Old 12-29-23, 07:07 AM
Whit51 

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 55 Posts
Russ and Laura who run the Path Less Pedaled You Tube channel recently relocated to Spain. One of their latest videos documented their trip to the BikeInn mothership.
Old 12-29-23, 07:25 AM
Aardwolf
Wheelman

Bikes: 1982 Holdsworth Avanti (531), 1961 Holdsworth Cyclone

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 343 Posts
Didn't know this thread existed, I was looking for some Vittoria Rubino in August and they had the lowest price (in Europe) but I'd never heard of them.
Other places (Merlin) were saying Rubino were 'discontinued'

2x Vittoria Rubino Pro graphene 2.0 700c 28mm tubular for £102 + £8 shipping.
Arrived 10 days later.
Likes For Aardwolf:
Old 12-29-23, 07:45 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7353 Post(s)
Liked 2,486 Times in 1,442 Posts
I saw that video from Path Less Pedaled about BikeInn. Ick. What an unpleasant experience. Of course, it's not normal to visit a warehouse to buy stuff, so this is not the common customer experience.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 12-29-23, 07:51 AM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Originally Posted by noglider
I saw that video from Path Less Pedaled about BikeInn. Ick. What an unpleasant experience. Of course, it's not normal to visit a warehouse to buy stuff, so this is not the common customer experience.
I've seen several of his moving to Spain videos. Kind of like the first hand adjustment to another country feel. It's interesting if a bit slow as entertainment.
Old 12-29-23, 08:36 AM
Garthr

Bikes: Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 127 Posts

He's a master of the "Word Salad" for sure !

​​​​​​
Likes For Garthr:
Old 12-29-23, 08:39 AM
Garthr

Bikes: Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 127 Posts
I ordered some bib tights and a chainring from them this fall. I knew it would be fast, and it came just fine. For tires and rims, large things, the shipping can get silly high. Better to use other Euro shops for that with a fixed shipping cost. My order was like $12 shipping to Ohio. I'd buy more clothing or small parts again without hesitation as they have some things other shops do not !
Old 12-29-23, 09:34 AM
MrGastrognome
Quasi homeostatic system

Bikes: '81 Fuji America, '82 Team Fuji, '85 Nishiki Bel Air, '98 Klein Stage Comp R

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 75 Posts
I bought a B&M light from them in mid 2022. Knew shipping would take a while. The light was listed as including batteries that weren't included in my shipment. Contacted their customer service and got a partial refund instead of having to ship the item back as I needed it for a brevet the following week. Problem resolved.

Not my first choice of retailer... it's gotta be a ridiculously deal to offset the shipping and wait time. In my case they were one of the few outlets with the model I wanted and the price was way below the other options.
Old 12-29-23, 10:38 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7353 Post(s)
Liked 2,486 Times in 1,442 Posts
Originally Posted by 52telecaster
I've seen several of his moving to Spain videos. Kind of like the first hand adjustment to another country feel. It's interesting if a bit slow as entertainment.
I hope they end up being happy about their move. Maybe that's because I idealize life in western Europe. I can see how frustrating it is when things that work well here just don't work elsewhere, but the opposite is true for every pair of places, right? On our 2005 trip to France, the process of renting a car was incredibly slow and bureaucratic. I could not discern any reason why the agent serving me needed to move so many papers from one surface to another, stamp, sign, and whatever else he was doing. I was on a queue of mostly American customers, and we stood there for an hour rolling our eyes. The US has made car rental efficient. Don't others want to learn from us?

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Likes For noglider:
Old 12-29-23, 12:05 PM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Originally Posted by noglider
I hope they end up being happy about their move. Maybe that's because I idealize life in western Europe. I can see how frustrating it is when things that work well here just don't work elsewhere, but the opposite is true for every pair of places, right? On our 2005 trip to France, the process of renting a car was incredibly slow and bureaucratic. I could not discern any reason why the agent serving me needed to move so many papers from one surface to another, stamp, sign, and whatever else he was doing. I was on a queue of mostly American customers, and we stood there for an hour rolling our eyes. The US has made car rental efficient. Don't others want to learn from us?
I'm sure there are many advantages to Spain. I'll probably never find out but I can watch them adapt or not.