Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Design Classics - a Cycling Plus magazine column

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Design Classics - a Cycling Plus magazine column

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-22, 02:22 PM
steelbikeguy

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1830 Post(s)
Liked 3,383 Times in 1,584 Posts
Five of the Best
Hilary picks some of his faves after 15 years of doing this Design Classics column
A quick summary:
Brifters. both Shimano STI and Campy Ergo
Brommies. i.e. the Brompton folding bike that works so well for mixed mode commuting.
Burrows's Giant TCR
Salsa La Raza steel frame
Trek OCLV carbon bike frames.

I should point out that this is the last of the Classic Design articles that I has saved, so no more looks at some of the cool parts of the past.

However, I was thinking about sharing a series of articles by Roger St. Pierre (and published in Cycling Plus). This series is called Retro, and is a look at the cycling culture of the UK at the time of Roger's youth. Some of it is not well known to those of us in the USA, but I found it to be rather interesting.

Steve in Peoria
Likes For steelbikeguy: