Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Blasphemy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-22, 09:23 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3515 Post(s)
Liked 2,929 Times in 1,777 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude

Definitely one of the nicest looking bikes posted on these boards. All the details have been well-thought-out, with the results being an outstanding-looking bike.
Likes For smd4:
Old 12-08-22, 11:28 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,826 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowjeep

I do not have the Jeep anymore sadly. I was 17 when I started my account here and it was my first car. Sold for something more sensible when I went to college. Regret didn't come until years later and now I wish I could find another one. Got a degree, got a pilots license, got married, got a house, got another pilot rating, had a kid, stopped flying, had another kid...
I did not read every thing but I did go back and look at the first 8 or so pages and my original comment that got me subscribed to the thread. I am guessing you're long since retired retired from the Navy at this point, I hope you're enjoying what ever you are up to now.
Ah, you were subbed - you must have gotten a notification

Didn't realize you were one of our younger members bitd. So you've gone from the end of adolescence to man to The Man (dad). And lots of professional accomplishments in the intervening years, too - good show. Too bad about the Jeep, tho

Yup, retired and loving life in sunny AZ for the time being, riding this bike into the ground - it was my only available bike for nearly a year!

Thanks for swinging by; keep on keeping on!

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 12-08-22 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-08-22, 11:34 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Originally Posted by smd4

Definitely one of the nicest looking bikes posted on these boards. All the details have been well-thought-out, with the results being an outstanding-looking bike.
Thank you! When I began this project a decade ago, I knew nothing about modern stuff. An awful lot of members steered me in the right direction, facilitating the final result. A few changes in the intervening years, made again with the input of smarter and more experienced people than I, but it has mostly remained true to original form.

My most modern bike, both frame and components,

DD
Likes For Drillium Dude:
Old 12-08-22, 11:41 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3515 Post(s)
Liked 2,929 Times in 1,777 Posts

My most modern bike, both frame and components,
And yet, at the same time, one of the most "CV" bikes here...

I know this bike will get many miles, but it definitely qualifies as a "show bike" in my book. And to me, that's a good thing.

Last edited by smd4; 12-08-22 at 11:47 AM.
Likes For smd4:
Old 12-09-22, 09:34 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Sacha just found out I do not plan on drilling any more holes in the Chorus calipers:

Grady: Ten years now I've owned that car - a daily driver, too. Sadly, I think this may be the year I go over to an Audi (A4) and 4-wheel drive...

DD
One of my favorite posts!

I love this thread. Orange bikes are something I've always loved and this one is no exception. And the detailing is off the charts. Just a wonderful, wonderful frame and tasteful build. Glad to see the thread still active.
Likes For TugaDude:
Old 12-12-22, 02:43 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Originally Posted by TugaDude
One of my favorite posts!

I love this thread. Orange bikes are something I've always loved and this one is no exception. And the detailing is off the charts. Just a wonderful, wonderful frame and tasteful build. Glad to see the thread still active.
Thank you for the nice comments! I'd have answered sooner, but been out of town and left the computer at home for a change

Orange bikes and orange cats are where it's at!

Ride is super-awesome, too, and of course, it's my only Ergo bike, so it gets love, too. Lots more than normal in this past year, plus now I get a brand-new experience: 853, and tubular tires mated to machined rims. Def a game-changer.

DD
Likes For Drillium Dude: